MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Your opinion about this Heer M42 SD helmet?

Article about: Hello everyone! I would like to have your opinion about this Heer Single Decal M42 helmet. It comes from Lazio region, Italy. Here some pics: Thank you!

Default Your opinion about this Heer M42 SD helmet?

Hello everyone!
    I would like to have your opinion about this Heer Single Decal M42 helmet. It comes from Lazio region, Italy.
    Here some pics:

Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Your opinion about this Heer M42 SD helmet?
    P
    Many

Nice ET M42, towards the end of the decal range. Assuming the split pins are unmolested then you have no issues.
    Liner is a bit shabby though so this should be reflected in the price. Possibly it was in the ground at some point.
    Nick

It looks like an honest helmet that's had a hard life post war.

I would rather think it was either badly stored, or the leather was treated, resulting in the dark brown colour. The outside looks to good to me for a groundfound piece.

Yeah, looks like a good, honest though salty original.
    Leather may have been greased too much during war time resulting in it turning black and then not stored well post war.
    I've read that leather turns black and begins to deteriorate when greased too much because some chemical compounds in the leather then oxidize resulting in it turning dark.
    Still fairly nice, though.
    Luis

Good helmet in any case.

All in one piece, original and named which is a nice little bonus. Shame about the post war storage but it is what it is and a true survivor.

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Nice ET M42, towards the end of the decal range. Assuming the split pins are unmolested then you have no issues.
    Liner is a bit shabby though so this should be reflected in the price. Possibly it was in the ground at some point.
    Nick
    Yes the vendor asked 600 eur for it, I think it’s an honest price for an helmet like this!

Quote by PotatoDigger View Post
    Yeah, looks like a good, honest though salty original.
    Leather may have been greased too much during war time resulting in it turning black and then not stored well post war.
    I've read that leather turns black and begins to deteriorate when greased too much because some chemical compounds in the leather then oxidize resulting in it turning dark.
    Still fairly nice, though.
    Luis
    Thanks for the info about the leather, it is not the first liner I found with such dark color, I also thought about greased leather

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    All in one piece, original and named which is a nice little bonus. Shame about the post war storage but it is what it is and a true survivor.
    Yes I like the name as well. And in the internal part of the helmet (in the centre) there is also a stamp on metal.. I’ll take some pics once I receive!