MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Your opinion about this Heer M42 SD and its liner?

Article about: Hello everyone! A friend of mine is thinking to buy this Wehrmacht M42 single decal (he found online from a private) and he asked my opinion: to me seems a good helmet in good condition but

Default Your opinion about this Heer M42 SD and its liner?

Hello everyone!
    A friend of mine is thinking to buy this Wehrmacht M42 single decal (he found online from a private) and he asked my opinion: to me seems in good condition but I am not so sure about its liner.. and also its color as well.
    The vendor says it is original and untouched and sent also some pics of the rivets; what do you think? Here the pics he put online:

Here some pics he sent after my friend’s request, outdoor under daylight:

Would be his first helmet so I wish he chose a good one.
    This is it)
    Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Your opinion about this Heer M42 SD and its liner?
    P
    Many

I can’t speak on the Decal and paint on the helmet is it advertised as a camo it looks like it has different colors on it??? The Liner looks Like a Reproduction to me that alone would make me weary of the whole helmet but Iam by far no veteran expert on helmets so of course wait for others opinions.

Side marked ET, so it should have a decal and it stands a chance, though i will leave that to the others.
    Rest looks promising to me.
    The leather is a bit odd, but I've seen some weird pig skin liners before so it might be good.
    Would be good to know if there's any ink stamps on the inside of the leather , the fakes usually have incorrect or incomplete ones.
    I won't comment on the price because this thread should be about authentication and not prices.
    Luis

P.S.
    The thing that is unusual about the leather is that it is suede instead of the usual smooth leather.
    I have an unfinished original leather piece that is also lacking the top layer that the skin would normally have so maybe just some wartime production thing.

Quote by PotatoDigger View Post
    Side marked ET, so it should have a decal and it stands a chance, though i will leave that to the others.
    Rest looks promising to me.
    The leather is a bit odd, but I've seen some weird pig skin liners before so it might be good.
    Would be good to know if there's any ink stamps on the inside of the leather , the fakes usually have incorrect or incomplete ones.
    I won't comment on the price because this thread should be about authentication and not prices.
    Luis
    Well I hope is just odd and not fake, I’ll ask about the ink stamps on leather inside!
    You’re right about the price, I removed that part from my post

Guys? other opinions are welcome)

I was just wondering if this helmet was camo or its just wear !? Seems it has some darker and light green along with wear areas ... Did you have any comment about it from the seller ?

Not a camo in my opinion. Just a regular dark feldgrau that has had a whitewash applied with some of it remaining around the vents, pins and slightly more textured areas. The paint is good.

Does look like a pigskin liner but appears however the colouring and hair follicles are a little a-typical. A well used shell with a light coloured liner is a question mark.

I personally am leaning towards it being period though.
    The size stamp and the stitching, as well as the way it's made look good.
    I've seen similar looking pig skin leather in my early pattern M56 NVA helmet, so it was certainly done and I would expect back then, too.
    Luis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Your opinion about this Heer M42 SD and its liner?   Your opinion about this Heer M42 SD and its liner?  

The helmet is, in my opinion, 100% period original. The leather in the liner is pigskin and correct. The first few pictures suggest that it received a light wash of grass green paint so if those pictures show how it really looks it is a subtle camo helmet. I like it and would not hesitate to buy it if I found it in a shop or at a show. Jim G.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast