Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Your thoughts on this helmet?

Article about: Can someone educate me and give me your thoughts on this relic helmet? Thanks https://www.ebay.com/itm/265193983109

Default Your thoughts on this helmet?

Can someone educate me and give me your thoughts on this relic helmet? Thanks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265193983109

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Your thoughts on this helmet?
    P
    Many

I think it is an M35, is in relic/dug condition. It has been subject to burning. It's original. It's rusty and looks overpriced for what it is.

Thank you, any guess to what may have caused the damage? Shrapnel?

I would say possibly one bullet entrance and exit point, as well as possible shrapnel damage. The fire might have been done long afterwards, clearing debris and burning in a pit.

?

For when the listing is long gone and OTHERS may wish to see what the conversation was about......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Your thoughts on this helmet?   Your thoughts on this helmet?  

Your thoughts on this helmet?   Your thoughts on this helmet?  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

One of my biggest disappointments when conducting research is this type of nonsense, usually reserved for another similar Forum... I thought we had rules about this behavior.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Your thoughts on this helmet?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Your thoughts on this helmet? 

This type of behavior? Give me a break first time posting in this forum. I tried to post pics the other way but the website is not very mobile friendly. Be careful you will run off other young collectors just getting started. Not somthing the hobby needs.

Please don't take the above as a personal attack, as it isn't intended as one. When you've seen the same honest mistakes repeated over and over for a long time as new users come in, it tends to be more irritating than it ought to be.

B.B.

?

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Please don't take the above as a personal attack, as it isn't intended as one. When you've seen the same honest mistakes repeated over and over for a long time as new users come in, it tends to be more irritating than it ought to be.

B.B.
    Thanks B.B., I agree, it becomes a bother for all when 'We' have to go an extra step in order to view a simple thread, here is some advice for the 'New" collector 1941g506, If one is going to collect, a decent camera, scanner and other devices are most helpful, especially when trying to convey thoughts into words with visual images, The reason I brought the topic up is that many here are collectors AND researchers, and when the Ebay listing goes south 'Poof" so do any images related to the link, that is why the Forum asks to post photos directly, Moderator MAP has put together a few threads that will walk you through both scenarios' P.C. and Cell phone, otherwise it's just a waste of a thread and useless for all 'New' and current members, Welcome to the Forum, G

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum. Here is the guide I put together to help with uploading photos. The photo editor is a bit creaky but once you know it is easy to use

Visual Guide to Upload Photos

Hard to say for sure what caused the damage. Multiple entry and exits. My guess is a bullet entering from both the front and back based on outward bent metal in the front and back. The entry and exit points are also quite high and suggest a horizontal flight path. While this can be achieved with shrapnel. I find it more likely it is a bullet, especially given the round holes.

Still, all conjecture.

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast