Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Your thoughts on this tropical helmet!

Article about: ost of the time color blindness is no big deal, but sometimes it is a major hindrance! This is one of those times!! Trouble uploading all my pics!

Default Your thoughts on this tropical helmet!

ost of the time color blindness is no big deal, but sometimes it is a major hindrance! This is one of those times!!Your thoughts on this tropical helmet!Your thoughts on this tropical helmet!Your thoughts on this tropical helmet!Your thoughts on this tropical helmet!
    Trouble uploading all my pics!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Your thoughts on this tropical helmet!   Your thoughts on this tropical helmet!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Your thoughts on this tropical helmet!
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Sorry but we will need much clearer photos. Nothing can be gleaned from the ones provided.

The decal may stand a chance at being a good ET and Camo's as you know are heavily faked so precise, high resolution and crisp (in focus) photos of the whole helmet, as well as close up are needed.

Try to emulate photos like these

M35 ET62 Normandy Camo with Leader Stripe / Named

ET64 Normandy Heer Camo Lot #513
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi, you are right, the images are terrible! If these are the best the seller will provide you with i would walk away. The helmet itself looks ok, but the cammo is impossible to give an opinion on from these pictures. Leon.

From what I can see...it definitely stands a chance at being original. But as said, much better pics are needed to give a good opinion on it
    D.

The helmet is in my hands from the estate already so the lousy photo's are my doing! I got excited about a new find and got in a rush. Hope these images are better. Any light ya'll can shed on the pattern, theater of war, etc. would be greatly appreciated! Your thoughts on this tropical helmet!Your thoughts on this tropical helmet!Your thoughts on this tropical helmet!Your thoughts on this tropical helmet!Your thoughts on this tropical helmet!Your thoughts on this tropical helmet!Your thoughts on this tropical helmet!Your thoughts on this tropical helmet!Your thoughts on this tropical helmet!

I think gentlemen this one has a chance. I like what i'm seeing in patina, wear and colours. I'm thinking 1944/45 Italy or Europe.

MAP
    ?

Photos are better (not perfect though but camo's are very hard to photograph)

Decal looks like a classic ET with dimpled talon. From what I can see, I think it stands a very good chance at being a very good one.

Odd vertical scratches on one side, but they don't look recent or the proverbial fake "tool marks"

I would like to see some macro photos of the paint wear on the brim, chips and these scratches to push me over the edge.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Anderson View Post
    I think gentlemen this one has a chance. I like what i'm seeing in patina, wear and colours. I'm thinking 1944/45 Italy or Europe.
    Yep, i am liking these images much better (and the cammo), looks like a good ordnance tan with green over spray to me, as seen Sicilly, Italy etc. Nice helmet. PS: I think the darker "reddish" areas are discolouration to the tan from rust bleed, although it could be a bit of brick red,my example of a SUD front helmet shows very similar colouration. Leon.Your thoughts on this tropical helmet!Your thoughts on this tropical helmet!Your thoughts on this tropical helmet!Your thoughts on this tropical helmet!Your thoughts on this tropical helmet!

I like it too. From the pics provided...I don't see one "Red Flag". Even the name (which looks period done) appears to be painted with the same tan color used on the exterior. Just not much patina due to it being on the inside
    D.

Thanks all! Yes, I think the red is rust residue. I've lightly oiled it to at least stop it from getting worse. No explanation for the scratches, only 'history' I have from the picker is that he saw a "Big Red One" (US First Division) veterans plaque in the house and the helmet had been in the attic. But sadly the G.I. is gone and family knows nothing about his service. If I can be allowed to vent....That is sad!Your thoughts on this tropical helmet!Your thoughts on this tropical helmet!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast