Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

"Zivil Fire Service / Feuerwehr" M34

Article about: This one just came in today, an M34 which was clearly used right after the war was over as can be seen by the hand painted inscription on the front of the helmet. The civil fire service was

Default "Zivil Fire Service / Feuerwehr" M34

This one just came in today, an M34 which was clearly used right after the war was over as can be seen by the hand painted inscription on the front of the helmet.
    The civil fire service was founded by the British in their occupation zone to replace the centralised Ordnungspolizei with more localised branches of emergency services.
    Clearly the person who painted this on the helmet didn't speak English which is why they wrote "civil" in a very German way.
    Certainly a funny aspect to the helmet, in the last photo you can also see my other CFS helmet which I already showed on the forum.

The helmet was painted over in black but I suspect the decals had already been removed and/or denazified at that stage.
    The liner is in size 54 and has two names and an unreadable ink stamp on it and the chinstrap looks to have been made of random scrap leather straps.

Hope you like it, I certainly think these CFS helmets are pretty interesting with their wartime history but also what happened to them right as the war ended.

Luis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Zivil Fire Service / Feuerwehr" M34   "Zivil Fire Service / Feuerwehr" M34  

"Zivil Fire Service / Feuerwehr" M34   "Zivil Fire Service / Feuerwehr" M34  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Zivil Fire Service / Feuerwehr" M34
    P
    Many

Links to my two other CFS helmets
    EF64 M42 ex-DD Police "Civil Fire Service Feuerwehr"
    M40 EF64 #31442 SD LW 3 tone camo and quite some history

This M34 helmet came from Kassel which isn't too far from the former British zone, the other two helmets both came from the British Zone, too.

Oh, from Kassel, that is pretty close to my hometown, nice find! And you now have a really nice set!