Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Assistance with SS sword please

Article about: Gentlemen, I would appreciate your review and thoughts on this Peter Daniel Krebs Solingen sword please.Once again, thank you in advance.

Default Assistance with SS sword please

Gentlemen, I would appreciate your review and thoughts on this "Peter Daniel Krebs Solingen" sword please.Once again, thank you in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assistance with SS sword please   Assistance with SS sword please  

Assistance with SS sword please   Assistance with SS sword please  

Last edited by Bencejones; 05-20-2022 at 04:44 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assistance with SS sword please
    P
    Many

Hello Bence .....please check on the scabbard throat and beneath the crossguard for 2 SS Proof stamps. seen in these 2 photos.

I seen that you had a bad run with a few things in your collection...but this one so far looks promising.
    Looks also that you may have the screwless scabbard officer mounts Krebs is known for.

Looks good from what Im seeing.

Assistance with SS sword pleaseAssistance with SS sword please

Could you provide a closer photo of grip Runes button and also closer photos of the Upper and lower scabbard mount ?
    and also the Pommel screw on top of the sword. Please

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Off center (possibly etched ??) maker marking has me wondering (and not in a good way). Needed IMO are some much better pictures of everything. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assistance with SS sword please  

Hi Bence ...we will do our best to help you out in authenticating these items you purchased over time ...this sword may be a high quality fake...but greater focused photos will help greatly on the grip and log as Fred had requested.

Hopefully at some point you can name the dealer/s that sold you your items that you have posted for authentication throughout the website so no one else gets burned.
    There is a reason why the collectors all of which are advanced in knowledge are here on this website to protect both the buyer ..and sometimes the ( seller if they are clueless on what is in their inventory. )

Its the dealers that know exactly what bad they have are the ones to watch out for.
    Hang in there Bence ...you were led to the right place

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I agree with Fred, the maker mark looks odd. Should be struck rather than etched I would think. Need a sharp photo from a different angle to be sure.

?

This is not 1 for my collection, its a complete copy.
    D guard shape mises the short straight angle to the pommel, pommel shape is not Krebs either as the ferrule is way off, no to mention the bad logo on the blade.
    Look at the oversized Runes, its a well lets say well made copy, but no more then that.

Just compare to a couple of my former Krebs and you will see what i mean.
    this is why i posted so many of my collection here as reference material

Triple A SS, i love a Trio like this

Regards
    Ger

Dam good copy ...and I still would like complete photos of this sword for what it is ...for the data base here to show collectors the thieves craftiness.
    Bence photos are not complete and still would like to see better photos to compare to Gerrits swords.

Regards Larry

Gentlemen, thank you all for the thorough input. I have obtained some more pictures and see if they assist in the decision making process. Well done.