Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Damast Honour Prize 1936 Hörster Säbel, Ehrenpreis für Schiessleistungen

Article about: Every now and then i take a sidestep in collecting and buy a piece that doesnt fit in my collection, just because i fancy it! This is as sexy as they come, a Hörster Säbel having a minty d

?

Default Damast Honour Prize 1936 Hörster Säbel, Ehrenpreis für Schiessleistungen

Every now and then i take a sidestep in collecting and buy a piece that doesnt fit in my collection, just because i fancy it!
    This is as sexy as they come, a Hörster Säbel having a minty damast blade, with gold and blue panel etch, its a honourprize for excellent shooting in 1936.
    The winner was Oberstleutnant Hans Brucker from the 61th Inf. Regiment.
    Mil. attaché in Sofia and later on Commander of Kolmar, retired as a general major.

these sabers were most likely weimar stock pieces and were send back to the Hörster plant to get a workover ( both scabbard and guard have an eagle SU58 waffenamt marking) with new golding and that lovely damast blade.
    Less then 10 are known but they all are similar with the Su58 marking and the flush screw to hold the tang.
    Very rare and excellent craftsmanship from the Hörster plant.
    Enjoy the pics of this superb piece.

Regards
    Ger

Damast Honour Prize 1936 Hörster Säbel, Ehrenpreis für SchiessleistungenDamast Honour Prize 1936 Hörster Säbel, Ehrenpreis für SchiessleistungenDamast Honour Prize 1936 Hörster Säbel, Ehrenpreis für SchiessleistungenDamast Honour Prize 1936 Hörster Säbel, Ehrenpreis für SchiessleistungenDamast Honour Prize 1936 Hörster Säbel, Ehrenpreis für SchiessleistungenDamast Honour Prize 1936 Hörster Säbel, Ehrenpreis für SchiessleistungenDamast Honour Prize 1936 Hörster Säbel, Ehrenpreis für SchiessleistungenDamast Honour Prize 1936 Hörster Säbel, Ehrenpreis für SchiessleistungenDamast Honour Prize 1936 Hörster Säbel, Ehrenpreis für SchiessleistungenDamast Honour Prize 1936 Hörster Säbel, Ehrenpreis für SchiessleistungenDamast Honour Prize 1936 Hörster Säbel, Ehrenpreis für SchiessleistungenDamast Honour Prize 1936 Hörster Säbel, Ehrenpreis für Schiessleistungen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Damast Honour Prize 1936 Hörster Säbel, Ehrenpreis für Schiessleistungen
    P
    Many

Stunning Gerrit

I cant say Hens teeth...but Obscure would be a better term.
    It doesnt get any better than that having the name to the sword and his short biography attached.

How did you come to acquire this Gem ?

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

That is Sexy!!

Beautifully detailed.
    Add to that the rarity mentioned, I'm guessing a Big Congrats on that addition is due!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Ger, My congratulations also!!!! Everything that the others said and more, I think that the timing can also be a factor. At least ten years ago and I believe possibly now in a Florida collection, a few years later example from Hörster had a somewhat differently decorated blued and gilt blade that had a later straightwing eagle type of Waffenamt. The blade itself having a fuller with a blued scabbard. Best Regards, Fred

Ger, that is one outstanding shooting prize saber! Congratulations.

Superb example of the Solingen master etcher's work Ger. Now dear readers, take a look at the Feuerwehr etched competition faschinenmesser posted recently in "Police & Fire bayonet" forum, by a hopeful. Different time different universe, Quality is the word.

Fantastic sabre !!!
    Congrats
    K.

?

Thank you all Gents for the nice words, i know the pics dont do the piece any judgidge, the etch is way more crisp but hard to get that on a pic.

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Superb example of the Solingen master etcher's work Ger. Now dear readers, take a look at the Feuerwehr etched competition faschinenmesser posted recently in "Police & Fire bayonet" forum, by a hopeful. Different time different universe, Quality is the word.
    Peter i got a few etched pieces, mostly on damast which is way more difficult for that etcher then a normal plated blade, as the surface is not as smooth as a plated blade, but quality is the word.
    The etching during the third Reich was done by 1 company, all the factories had it done there, the archieve of etch plates of that company still exist and are owned now a days by a American collector.
    They were of course very skilled and therefore delivered a very high quality, all the dealers shit about a small run and in house etching to justify a poor etch have to be taken on consideration therefore.
    I have seen quite some etchplates all beloning to that one company etching for large companies like Eickhorn and Hörster, so keep that in mind, regardless of what others will say about this statement.
    Here a couple of blades of my collection early to 3th Reich and just look at the quality, the rest is up to your own opinion, i can only hand a few examples..

Cheers
    Ger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Damast Honour Prize 1936 Hörster Säbel, Ehrenpreis für Schiessleistungen   Damast Honour Prize 1936 Hörster Säbel, Ehrenpreis für Schiessleistungen  

Damast Honour Prize 1936 Hörster Säbel, Ehrenpreis für Schiessleistungen   Damast Honour Prize 1936 Hörster Säbel, Ehrenpreis für Schiessleistungen  

Damast Honour Prize 1936 Hörster Säbel, Ehrenpreis für Schiessleistungen   Damast Honour Prize 1936 Hörster Säbel, Ehrenpreis für Schiessleistungen  

?

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    Ger, My congratulations also!!!! Everything that the others said and more, I think that the timing can also be a factor. At least ten years ago and I believe possibly now in a Florida collection, a few years later example from Hörster had a somewhat differently decorated blued and gilt blade that had a later straightwing eagle type of Waffenamt. The blade itself having a fuller with a blued scabbard. Best Regards, Fred
    Thx Fred
    FYI here are the stick birds of the Guard and the scabbards fitting tip.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast