Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early 1693 Wrangel model

Article about: Hello to all Here is my new addition to the collection : An early Brass 1693 Eickhorn model. Note the eagle looking on the left and the maker logo is the double oval making this sword an ear

Default Early 1693 Wrangel model

Hello to all

Here is my new addition to the collection : An early Brass 1693 Eickhorn model.

Note the eagle looking on the left and the maker logo is the double oval making this sword an early pre 1935 production.

Early 1693 Wrangel model
    Early 1693 Wrangel model
    Early 1693 Wrangel model
    Early 1693 Wrangel model
    Early 1693 Wrangel model
    Early 1693 Wrangel model
    Early 1693 Wrangel model
    Early 1693 Wrangel model
    Early 1693 Wrangel model
    Early 1693 Wrangel model
    Early 1693 Wrangel model
    Early 1693 Wrangel model

Hope you like it as much as i do

Regards

K.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early 1693 Wrangel model
    P
    Many

Very nice sword Kurt. With regards the trademark. There was two versions of the "double oval" logo. A large oval used in 1930-33 and a small oval version of the same used 1933-34 approx. Allowing for photo scale, I tend to think that is the small oval trademark. Certainly a very early TR sword.

I love the patina on that sword Kurt...really brings out the recessed details
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you gentlemen

@Anderson : Thank for that oval logo size info i didn't recall

@Larry : Yes, the patina is lovely and stands out, i knew this old maid would be mineon first sight

Regards

K.

Very nice sword and great condition
    Interesting,i always thought that the smaller oval was a earliest.

TWS
    ?

Very nice sword. Love the patina and character.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

It is a gook looking sword. It is Ges Gesch marked. Is that something you only see on early swords?
    Last edited by kirby; 09-27-2020 at 09:40 PM.

"Ges.Gesch" or Gesetzl Geschutzt simply means protected by law, which indicates the design and or trademark has been officially registered. So Eickhorn would have registered the unique features of their version of the sword. These patent protection marks can be found on all types of industrial products from Germany during the 1st half of 20th century. Germany has some odd patent laws that made it difficult to maintain patent protection of designs. DRGM is another frequently seen patent mark. which continued in use into the 1950's.

?

I just didn't remember seeing it on a Heer sword.

?

Another great find my friend and I am really happy that you were able to get a sweet early 1693 sword.