Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Eickhorn Scharnhorst pattern #1706 - Max Show find 2022

Article about: Hello Gents..I just wanted to share what I found on the 2nd day of the Max show...and it was one of those that just came out from under the table opportunities .....althpugh I walked that ro

Default Eickhorn Scharnhorst pattern #1706 - Max Show find 2022

Hello Gents..I just wanted to share what I found on the 2nd day of the Max show...and it was one of those that just came out from under the table opportunities .....although I walked that row many times.... circleing like a hawk throughout the whole building...around the 3rd time around ...it was sitting out on a less recognized sellers table.

Whats great about this sword..is the brass construction of the hilt ...being heavy ..the perfect grip wire...the 35 inch blade and the near perfect scabbard paint.
    The Blade is mint and mirror bright.

There is also the initials Intertwined "RW" on the reverse langet ...and what I also found very attractive ...was the detail to the grip pin which appears to be a screw?
    The owner must of had some money and must of been a tall officer as from what I understand ...35 inch blades were the maximum size that Eickhorn had in stock. ..

I have a few other Max show finds I will post as well ...below is the sword which Im quite fortunate to obtain one with a brass hilt.

Regards Larry

Eickhorn Scharnhorst pattern #1706 - Max Show find 2022Eickhorn Scharnhorst pattern #1706 - Max Show find 2022Eickhorn Scharnhorst pattern #1706 - Max Show find 2022

Eickhorn Scharnhorst pattern #1706 - Max Show find 2022Eickhorn Scharnhorst pattern #1706 - Max Show find 2022Eickhorn Scharnhorst pattern #1706 - Max Show find 2022

Eickhorn Scharnhorst pattern #1706 - Max Show find 2022Eickhorn Scharnhorst pattern #1706 - Max Show find 2022
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eickhorn Scharnhorst pattern #1706 - Max Show find 2022
    P
    Many

Absolutely beautiful! I love the detail. Congrats!

TWS
    ?

That is simply fabulous Larry. Great find! Although you are teasing us with only showing a few inches of the blade. Must be a shy sword. Tell it that it's okay to take its scabbard off.

Hi Todd with the blade being so long...its difficult to get really close to it...and missed you at the show ...great thing happening now..is that the next generation in front of us are starting to sell their collections..hopefully next year you can go to the Max Show or SOS.
    The finds are out there..which this was one of my better max Shows in a long time.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

TWS
    ?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Todd with the blade being so long...its difficult to get really close to it...and missed you at the show ...great thing happening now..is that the next generation in front of us are starting to sell their collections..hopefully next year you can go to the Max Show or SOS.
    The finds are out there..which this was one of my better max Shows in a long time.

Regards Larry
    Yes sir. I regret missing the show and also a chance to hang out with everyone and spend MAP's money. Glad to hear you had a great show!

The Baby Boomers have been selling off for a few years now, but it is likely to accelerate. As a Gen Xer, I figure I have about 20 more years to enjoy my collection before I'm in that situation.

I will be at the SOS. Haven't missed either SOS or MAX for about five years running, but this time around my job made it nearly impossible.

?

Larry - this one is a beauty! Thank you for showing it to me at the Max, and YES - the BLADE is MASSIVE LONG! (lol) - Dan

You had a good show yourself for sure from what I have seen of your pickups

Just absolutely beautiful
    -TJ-

Great addition to your collection Larry.

Wow, a very nice sword! I guess it once belonged to a german General!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast