Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Eickhorn Wrangel Dove Head Pattern # 1693 - Max Show Find

Article about: Hello Gents ..this was my first find of the max show on a Thursday afternoon when the show was somewhat slow. I found this Gem in the same condition as I have shown from last years Scharnhor

Default Eickhorn Wrangel Dove Head Pattern # 1693 - Max Show Find

Hello Gents ..this was my first find of the max show on a Thursday afternoon when the show was somewhat slow.
    I found this Gem in the same condition as I have shown from last years Scharnhorst pattern...and this one is the same in quality , craft and having a brass hilt.

A Guy who rented a table had quite a few of these Eickhorn swords all having brass hilts...coming from a doctors collection.
    Also in that mix was a rare and low production sword " Zeiten " Model number 1734.
    I was going to snap that one up first..but the scabbard paint was quite worn and missing in some places...until I seen the Wrangel Pattern.

On the scabbard appears to be the owners name " Kolsch " scratched into the paint...why a Heer officer would do that I dont know.
    Below are a few pics of this sword.

Regards Larry

Eickhorn Wrangel  Dove Head Pattern # 1693 - Max Show FindEickhorn Wrangel  Dove Head Pattern # 1693 - Max Show FindEickhorn Wrangel  Dove Head Pattern # 1693 - Max Show FindEickhorn Wrangel  Dove Head Pattern # 1693 - Max Show FindEickhorn Wrangel  Dove Head Pattern # 1693 - Max Show FindEickhorn Wrangel  Dove Head Pattern # 1693 - Max Show Find
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eickhorn Wrangel  Dove Head Pattern # 1693 - Max Show Find
    P
    Many

?

Well done brother Larry.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Great find Larry. Quite a lot of gilt survives on the hilt, so hasn't been handled too much. Nice one.

Nice find
    -TJ-

TWS
    ?

Great find my friend! I think I congratulated you when you bought it. Nicer than my Wrangel as I said.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

Nice asset Larry
    Lovely condition!

Ger

?

If you don't have it anymore, you need to find another version of Wrangel and you will have a set Very nice condition!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eickhorn Wrangel  Dove Head Pattern # 1693 - Max Show Find  

Hi Radko....yes ...now that I know there is a Lions Head Wrangel example...that will be my next Max Show Quest.

Interesting detail I just noticed..that the grip eagle head on my example faces towards the left and yours faces towards the right?
    So now its possibly a matter of having all 3 types as a set.

Thankyou for showing your example which showed me something I never noticed before.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry, When writing about the Wrangel with its head, you probably mean the 1695 pattern. But I'll disappoint you here, it also has 2 versions with its head left and right It's worth collecting, there are at least 6 versions of the Roon Eickhorn model alone.
    Anyway, I haven't managed to collect all the patterns and their versions yet, but I'm on the right track and I wish the same for you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eickhorn Wrangel  Dove Head Pattern # 1693 - Max Show Find  

This is great Info Radko ...thankyou