Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fake SS sword

Article about: Hi guys, I was wondering if you could help me with this sword since I only collect daggers normally and don’t’ know a lot about swords. This was not too expensive so I took the gamble to

?

Default Fake SS sword

Hi guys,

I was wondering if you could help me with this sword since I only collect daggers normally and don’t’ know a lot about swords. This was not too expensive so I took the gamble to buy it. These are very hard to find here and very expensive so if it’s an old but accurate replica I can live with it since I collect only dagger normally and didn’t pay a fortune.
    I did find many things wrong with it for example I don’t have an ss proofmark on the scabbard (where you enter the sword) , it’s really not sharp with hardly a sharp point, not sure about the SS on the pommel, not sure it’s the correct ss proofmark on the blade (hare to see) , the lobster logo seems a bit different, is without text (Peter dan Solingen) around the shield, the lobster is upside down and the claws don’t touch the upper line, no markings on the leathers that I can see,… it is however really old I think and not modern.
    I guess I answered my own question but I would like to hear your opinionsFake SS swordFake SS swordFake SS swordFake SS swordFake SS swordFake SS swordFake SS swordFake SS swordFake SS swordFake SS sword. Thanks a lot in advance and sorry for my poor quality photo’s and English.
    David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake SS sword
    P
    Many

Hi David...I agree your photos are not the greatest but its better than nothing for now.

With Krebs ...either the underside of the guard will be marked with the SS proof mark..or the top of the upper scabbard fitting ..or both can be marked.

The Motto on the blade is brand new and was recently added appearing to be laser etched and its obvious visually of the oeverall condtion of the blade as well.

Krebs had 2 types of logos as seen in the photo below having their name included with the logo. This also can be found in Tom Wittmanns SS Reference on page 383.

Your example the logo is facing the wrong direction

To this date I have never seen a logo minus the type font.
    The grip runes was poorly fitted as well.

More photos would be beneficial and would like to see the top of the guard showing the tang nut.
    Looks like a total put together...and more thoughts and opinions are welcome.

Fake SS sword
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hello
    An early KREBS for example : Ss fuhrer degen by krebs

?

Ya I'm not found of it. Nothing seems to line up. Trying to be Krebs early degan. Makers mark is incorrect, etching looks added later and is not consistent with blade patina. Lower grip mount oak leafs don't look correct. Photos make it hard to tell though. I'm sure one of the experts will know more but I would not add this one.

Tim

NOT something that I would be interested in. Best Regards, Fred

?

Thanks for the reply’s .I never have seen this logo but I found a similar here on the forum

German Dress bayonet Identification

will try to upload better photo’s asap
    Thx
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake SS sword  

Thankyou for a supporting link that shows a Krebs bayo ...which just because it is seen on a bayo does not make it correct for a sword. The applications are done separately per Edged weapon type.

Here is a link from our Moderator Anderson on the producers and distributors of this fire bayo type.
    Fire faschinenmesser manufacturers and distributors

I do not see a Peter Krebs on that listing but only a Carl Julius Krebs name only.
    Anderson and the other Bayo Gents can comment further on the validity of the logo seen on the fire bayo and also the sword you posted.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello,
    Degen and knot are a reproduction
    Regards
    K.

?

Quote by KurtMenliff View Post
    Hello,
    Degen and knot are a reproduction
    Regards
    K.
    +1

Best