MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine/Naval sword ID HELP

Article about: Sorry for the small photos, I am trying to figure out if this an authentic sword. I've spent about an hour looking at examples on other sites including this one, found one that is almost exa

Default Kriegsmarine/Naval sword ID HELP

Sorry for the small photos, I am trying to figure out if this an authentic sword. I've spent about an hour looking at examples on other sites including this one, found one that is almost exactly like it with an Alcoso mark here on the site (Orange gripped Kriegsmarine sword...)
    BUT the difference i saw was the etching doesnt start as close to the crossguard on my example compared to others. The alcoso mark is also different.
    Is it real? and when was it made?

Kriegsmarine/Naval sword ID HELPKriegsmarine/Naval sword ID HELPKriegsmarine/Naval sword ID HELPKriegsmarine/Naval sword ID HELPKriegsmarine/Naval sword ID HELPKriegsmarine/Naval sword ID HELPKriegsmarine/Naval sword ID HELPKriegsmarine/Naval sword ID HELPKriegsmarine/Naval sword ID HELPKriegsmarine/Naval sword ID HELP

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine/Naval sword ID HELP
    P
    Many

Unfortunately these photos can't be enlarged, so the detail like the trademark can't be closely examined. It does appear to be an authentic, post Imperial Navy sword. If you re-post the enlarged image of the trademark we should be able to determine whether the mark is period. If it is a genuine Alcoso mark it would have to be post 1936. I wouldn't worry too much about ricasso width, larger makers had up to ten variations in their Navy sword catalogue.

?

Well the alcoso Logo would place it straight into the Third Reich Period my best guess would be around 1937, so with known exmples from that time you should compare this one.

As Anderson stated these mughots will not be of any help in detemen this one to either original or not.

cheers
    Ger

The handle is discoloured and would have been a cream colour ,the sword is uncleaned and looks like a nice third reich sword pics need enlarging ,are there any acceptance marks on the sword and scabbard ,or what looks like serial nuumbers

?

Well these pics are way to bad to give it the thumbs up.

Ger