Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Left handed police swords?

Article about: I have a question or two for you all. . . . Did a left handed soldier wear his sword on the opposite side? Was there any regulation for this? Does anyone have photos of this practice? Or did

?

Default Left handed police swords?

I have a question or two for you all. . . . Did a left handed soldier wear his sword on the opposite side? Was there any regulation for this? Does anyone have photos of this practice? Or did someone take the sword apart and put it back wrong?

Thanks for any information,
    Hummel

Left handed police swords?Left handed police swords?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Left handed police swords?
    P
    Many

I would say yes someone took it apart and reassembled it the wrong way as I see light through the bottom of the hilt through photo magnification.

Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 12-12-2022 at 02:48 PM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

or maybe they hired left-handed officers only in the schutzepolizei ...
    Larry is right ... it as disassembled and put back the wrong way ...
    Polizei / SS degens are the only type with which this can be done due to its complete grip / handle symmetry ...
    Regards
    K.

?

That is what I assumed. Thank you for the information. I have never taken apart any of my edged weapons… do you have any tips on how to prevent damaging the sword when I restore the it to its proper state?

I have one other question about this sword that you may be able answer for me… It has the SS inspection stamp on the cross guard and on the scabbard but not any other SS emblems. Who would use the sword? Standard police or some kind of SS police?

Thank you,
    Hummel

Hello,
    SS stamping is very common on Polizei degens ...
    Used by regular officiers i would say ...
    Some Polizei officers also belonged to the SS and in the eventuality they were not bestowed the SS degen, they could wear a SS portepee on their Police degen or/and for those with a fatter wallet : customize the sword with a SS button on the top of the pommel as follows :

Left handed police swords?

Regards
    K.

?

Thank you for the info Kurt.

I had a pair of SS swords like that. The veteran whom they were purchased from had them crossed on his den wall. He said he assembled them like that after bringing them home from Dacau, so that the runes would be facing out.