Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Lionhead Sword w/Nickel scabbard ?

Article about: Hi All, I have a chance at a really good deal on this honest WKC Lion Head Sword, my question is about the scabbard being dress nickel finish instead of the usual black, was this a private p

Default Re: Lionhead Sword w/Nickel scabbard ?

I got my sword the other day, and the hilt is solid brass, I usually dont clean any of my items, but with swords I make an exception unless its too far gone to save or some other major reason to leave it "as is" and wow simichrome works wonders!!! it shined up like a brand new penny, nothing wrong with a nice polished up sword IMO, I have to give a shout out to author jeff clark who is a really nice guy to deal with, thanks for helping out with this one to the forum members also here are the pics!
    P.S- Does anyone know what year WKC changed thier logo from two heads to one? my prussian sword is two head and this is one.

Lionhead Sword w/Nickel scabbard ?Lionhead Sword w/Nickel scabbard ?Lionhead Sword w/Nickel scabbard ?Lionhead Sword w/Nickel scabbard ?Lionhead Sword w/Nickel scabbard ?Lionhead Sword w/Nickel scabbard ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lionhead Sword w/Nickel scabbard ?
    P
    Many

Looks like all the gilt plating is gone - maybe it's just
    the photo ? I wouldn't have touched it.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I didnt know they gilt plated over brass... I just assumed its been solid brass since the day it was made, the only thing that came off of it was some dark haze/patina, I didnt scrub it with a wire brush just a soft cloth and buffed it, like I said, I do not believe in cleaning my other items, but this was more like a restoration project for me. I dont think I hurt the value at all and it was fairly cheap to begin with.

Nice sword Max...The stubby winged eagle looks to be an early type,,as was this style of eagle when the party began. Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3