Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Personalized Heer Saber

Article about: Hello to all, Here is a not so common solid brass HEER officer saber. That jawless cat model has a lovely Empire look to it and bears real close resembence to the N° 20 model from WKC catal

Default Personalized Heer Saber

Hello to all,
    Here is a not so common solid brass HEER officer saber.
    That jawless cat model has a lovely Empire look to it and bears real close resembence to the N° 20 model from WKC catalog as ANGOLIA points out in his « Swords of germany 1800-1945 » book but i think comparisons stops here.
    There are real differences ( wire pattern, back langet, eagle, and quillon bulb) between 2 models and why would WKC have its logo on each models except that one ? So whose maker is that ? if you have any clues,you are most welcome …
    The most interesting aspect are the date and owner’s initials : L.H. and December 1st 1938. Even though it is impossible to research it, that is a nice addition to tha piece IMO.
    Hope you like it.
    Regards
    K.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Personalized Heer Saber   Personalized Heer Saber  

Personalized Heer Saber   Personalized Heer Saber  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Personalized Heer Saber
    P
    Many

?

As I wrote to you on FB - I've only seen 2 such patterns of sabers so far. I have no idea for a manufacturer, because when a man catches one direction, he immediately loses it due to the non-standard elements of this saber.
    Certainly a very uncommon pattern of sword.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Personalized Heer Saber   Personalized Heer Saber  

thanks Mark

?

That is a great piece Kurt and so are yours Marc. Some day I hope to make it back over there and hang out with both of you guys.

Anytime Mark !!!!
    Am looking forward to a big night out in bars loudly comparing IIIrd Reich sabers at our table with other customers looking in horror haha ! we definitively need to make that happen !

?

I guess I will post the one I own. As you can see mine has a ray skinned grip and a blued scabbard.
    Personalized Heer Saber
    Personalized Heer Saber

Hello Mark,
    That's quite something ! Love the imperial look on it !!! a quite unique piece you have !!!!
    Unmarked blade as well i suppose ?

?

Yes Kurt my blade is unmarked like the rest.

?

@Kurt @Mark - Undoubtedly, anything is possible. Perhaps one day at one of the military fairs, there will be an opportunity to drink a good brewery and talk about our hobby face to face.

Hello to all,
    Would there be any chance of identifying that Officer ?
    From what i understood from initials on backstraps, the letter being in the front is the last name ... So H.L. would be the initials of the guy ...
    If Dec 1st 1938 was the date he was commissioned as an officier, would anyone here know of a German military archive site where i could have a look by any chance ???
    Many thanks in advance
    Regards
    K

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast