Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Please, help Identify this old Lionshead sword. No markings & No ruby eyes

Article about: Hello all. First post here. This is about my first sword not knowing the age or origin I ask you. I received it from a friend. I have found just a little bit of POSSIBLE info on this sword d

Default Please, help Identify this old Lionshead sword. No markings & No ruby eyes

Hello all. First post here. This is about my first sword not knowing the age or origin I ask you. I received it from a friend. I have found just a little bit of POSSIBLE info on this sword due to no markings on blade. It came with a SWORD KNOT & Just going by langet designs I have found it seems to be WKC? Uhlan? Is it from WWII ? Before WWII ? How old is It? Why are the cannons overlayed on the lances and swords on the langet??? As you see I know nothing...Any GOOD info is appreciated. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please,  help Identify this old Lionshead sword. No markings & No ruby eyes   Please,  help Identify this old Lionshead sword. No markings & No ruby eyes  

Please,  help Identify this old Lionshead sword. No markings & No ruby eyes   Please,  help Identify this old Lionshead sword. No markings & No ruby eyes  

Please,  help Identify this old Lionshead sword. No markings & No ruby eyes   Please,  help Identify this old Lionshead sword. No markings & No ruby eyes  

Please,  help Identify this old Lionshead sword. No markings & No ruby eyes  
    Last edited by jmakkos1; 12-23-2019 at 01:40 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please,  help Identify this old Lionshead sword. No markings & No ruby eyes
    P
    Many

From the images I’m getting a conflicting estimate of the hilt’s base metal, that said in the Imperial era branches of service such as artillery appliqués were sometimes used with some sabers from the factory (the langets were manufactured with a blank space for an emblem). But this is not one of them (which is also not common). My sense of it not in hand being most likely a post Imperial era saber modified to suit the owner’s desires. Best Regards, Fred

I would agree a probable Weyersberg Kirschbaum & Cie made sabre for Prussian "Kavallerie und Artillerie offizier". I think probably a military outfitter shop retailed private purchase. The addition of the cannons to the langet probably done in shop to suit the buyer. The cannons suggesting an Artillery officer was the buyer. I would say late Imperial (WW1) to Weimar as to the era it was made.