Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Police Sword NCO / Solingen Herm. Rath. Is it worth the purchase as a new collector?

Article about: Hello fellow collectors, I am a new member on this forum. I am a novice in detecting fakes in the hobby. What is being sold of as original often seem exceptionally good copies. There is an P

?

Default Police Sword NCO / Solingen Herm. Rath. Is it worth the purchase as a new collector?

Hello fellow collectors,

I am a new member on this forum. I am a novice in detecting fakes in the hobby. What is being sold of as original often seem exceptionally good copies.
    There is an Polizei Degen which I find interesting. I am a bit skeptical about the eagle on the pommel since it looks asymatrical and out of shape. The D shaped crossguard and rest seem to be in order. I would put great value into any feedback you can give. I haven't purchased this item yes. The dealer wants 700 euros.

Looking forward to reading your input. Thank you.

Police Sword NCO / Solingen Herm. Rath.  Is it worth the purchase as a new collector?Police Sword NCO / Solingen Herm. Rath.  Is it worth the purchase as a new collector?Police Sword NCO / Solingen Herm. Rath.  Is it worth the purchase as a new collector?Police Sword NCO / Solingen Herm. Rath.  Is it worth the purchase as a new collector?Police Sword NCO / Solingen Herm. Rath.  Is it worth the purchase as a new collector?Police Sword NCO / Solingen Herm. Rath.  Is it worth the purchase as a new collector?Police Sword NCO / Solingen Herm. Rath.  Is it worth the purchase as a new collector?Police Sword NCO / Solingen Herm. Rath.  Is it worth the purchase as a new collector?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police Sword NCO / Solingen Herm. Rath.  Is it worth the purchase as a new collector?
    P
    Many

?

The grip is on backwards so the sword has been messed with. Ugly swastika and the eagle doesn’t look correct. I would pass on this one.

I agree also with Kirby...not only does the grip eagle not look correct..it is flat in appearance and new looking.
    Supposedly these SS marked ricassos are from an early production.
    I do not see any of the early details that in this sword that is posted.

9 times out of 10 a persons gut feeling is correct...these Police swords are plentiful on the market..be patient..keep studying and surely another one will present itself to you.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thank you for your input. I really do not wish to be swindled out of my hard earned cash.