Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Put this sword on hold.

Article about: A quick backstory; My daughter has always worked really hard at her studies. This has been true since the first grade it seems. When she reached high school, I built her a shotgun (I work fo

Default Put this sword on hold.

A quick backstory;
    My daughter has always worked really hard at her studies. This has been true since the first grade it seems. When she reached high school, I built her a shotgun (I work for a firearms company) while on my breaks from the routine shotgun building I was doing every day.
    Now, she is in her first year of college and continues to work very hard and do very well. She already has enough credits that she is a sophomore and made the Deans List first semester as well as acceptance to an honor society.
    For her work, and since she loves horses, tonight I put the following item on hold for her and will get it prior to her coming home for the summer.
    I went with this because as well as her love of horses, the German armed forces were the last really to use "cavalry" to any large extent in the modern era, and this is representative of that bygone time. And yes, she also collects WWII items.
    These images are the sellers and not mine.
    As always, comments are welcome and thanks for looking!
    Put this sword on hold.Put this sword on hold.Put this sword on hold.Put this sword on hold.Put this sword on hold.Put this sword on hold.Put this sword on hold.Put this sword on hold.Put this sword on hold.Put this sword on hold.
    Edit - I forgot to add that it is an Alcoso made Lion Head Cavalry Officer sword.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Put this sword on hold.
    P
    Many

In keeping with the cavalry theme, I added this trade patch.
    Put this sword on hold.
    Put this sword on hold.
    I used to see these all over the place, but it seems as though they are being bought up.
    Now I need a cavalry tunic and peaked cap!

Your a good dad and have a great job

I see no issues with this sword and feel its an honest example.
    But it is missing the jeweled eyes.

Wait for other comments .

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Your a good dad and have a great job

I see no issues with this sword and feel its an honest example.
    But it is missing the jeweled eyes.

Wait for other comments .

Regards Larry
    I noticed the eyes. I will have to live with that. I looked all over and only found a couple cavalry swords. The etched were far too much currently. Too bad I couldn't have them restored.
    And I am not as good a dad as she is a good, hard working kid, but thanks.

Edit-is there a way to narrow down a date for these swords?

As Parents we always sell ourselves short ...dont believe the lie that is being whispered in your ear ...... Your a good dad

Remember the small things count the most ...and your thoughts of purchasing this sword for her because of her love for horses..already speaks ..the size of a giants heart. You care..is what matters most.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Come on...Isn't it really for you?

Seriously though, very nice sword!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I believe this would be from the Weimar period as the handle material is plastic, and not ray skin.
    Here is my WW I era Artillery lion's head sword to compare.
    Ralph.

Put this sword on hold.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Come on...Isn't it really for you?

Seriously though, very nice sword!
    Ha ha! For a little while it will stay with me for sure! Thanks. It isn't as nice as many but I don't see many cavalry marked pieces.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I believe this would be from the Weimar period as the handle material is plastic, and not ray skin.
    Here is my WW I era Artillery lion's head sword to compare.
    Ralph.

Put this sword on hold.
    Thanks Ralph. I wondered if it was pre TR. I guess it is impossible to say how long it may have served. It could well have been used right into the TR, albeit being a Weimar period product. I was glad to have secured it!

Quote by Larry C View Post
    As Parents we always sell ourselves short ...dont believe the lie that is being whispered in your ear ...... Your a good dad

Remember the small things count the most ...and your thoughts of purchasing this sword for her because of her love for horses..already speaks ..the size of a giants heart. You care..is what matters most.

Best Larry
    Thanks Larry.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast