Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Question of authenticity

Article about: Hi guys! My name is Javier, im from Paraguay, South America. I recently found for sale a sword that was found in a farm. The owner knows nothing about it but believes it to be an original WW

Default Question of authenticity

Hi guys!
    My name is Javier, im from Paraguay, South America. I recently found for sale a sword that was found in a farm. The owner knows nothing about it but believes it to be an original WW2 nazi sword. Paraguay had a strong nazi presence after the war. We had Nietzche's sister living here. Well known Alban Krug tried to establish the Third Reich here in a small village called Honehau. He sheltered Mengele there for a time.

My grandfather, a man from Barcelona, came here after the civil war. He had the representation of Peugeot in the country. He sold pick up trucks to Alban Krug. Weeks later his dismembered body was found near his residence. No official reports I could find but my grandfather told me strong rumours about the Mossad coming here to take him back to Israel for trial and the mission going sideways.

About the sword. I have only pictures. I will attach them below. I thank you all for taking your time to read and helping me out.

Javier
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question of authenticity   Question of authenticity  

Question of authenticity   Question of authenticity  

Question of authenticity  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question of authenticity
    P
    Many

Buy the item not the story.
    Sorry to say in my opinion it is junk - it may well be an original sword, but it has been embellished
    No explanation needed - just do a search

What makes you think it might be original? What would the value of such sword be?

CBH
    ?

What he is saying is, the sword was a old sword that was ruined by having Fake SS ruins soldered on.
    Any collectable value has been destroyed by the alteration.

Interesting stories Javier. As for the sword it's very likely Solingen made and similar to an Imperial era sabre for Prusssian cavalry or Artillery officiers. I have picture of a matching example in a pre WW2 catalogue. But equally it may be an export sword for the Paraguay army, the Solingen makers had a long trade with South America. But this one is in poor condition and the SS runes are very likely a post WW2 addition. Not a sword worth collecting I'm sorry to say.

Thanks for the replies guys. Very helpful indeed. Im gonna report back to the seller, I have no interest in adquiring the sword anymore. Again thanks for the help