Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

R. KLAAS heer parade sword

Article about: Hello to all here another sword from the 4 Heer sabels i have : Early 223 KLAAS model ... the eagle has been added to the langet : Hope you like it : Regards K.

Default R. KLAAS heer parade sword

Hello to all

here another sword from the 4 Heer sabels i have :

Early 223 KLAAS model ... the eagle has been added to the langet :

Hope you like it :

R. KLAAS  heer parade sword

Regards

K.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement R. KLAAS  heer parade sword
    P
    Many

Hi Kurt ..welcome to the forum..although you have an excellent conditioned sword..I cant say for sure if I have ever seen a Heer eagle on the langet ..which as you say has been added...but when was it added?

I would like to hear Michael Ryan , Stingray or Freds thoughts on this one.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello Larry

Yes, that sword is in excellent condition ... strange alloy, that isn't brass nor aluminium ...

Apparently that is an early model of the KLAAS 233 model which explains why the eagle is riveted to the langet and not carved in it... The riveted eagle turnsd its head towards the right while the later model with carved eagle looks to the left ... here is a close up of the riveting :

Best Regards

K.

MAP
    ?

As Larry said will wait for others, but it is a pretty unique look with that separately attached eagle. I like the contrast.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by KurtMenliff View Post
    Hello Larry

Yes, that sword is in excellent condition ... strange alloy, that isn't brass nor aluminium ..................
    A very nice sword, some of especially the higher end Imperial sabers intentionally had blank langets with different silver appliqués attached - presumably as a cost saving measure because the basic saber hilt could be used with the customer picking out what he wanted on it at minimal cost to the maker or retailer. A practice that saw I think some limited use during the TR era, some of the swords could even have been leftovers from earlier. As for the sword and what looks like some very small silver colored areas, just looking at it I would have said aluminum. But if that's not the case then it probably really only leaves zinc. Best Regards, Fred