Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rudolf Büchel (RBS), Solingen Officer sword, totenkopf on the guard

Article about: Hi Guys! What do you think about this officer sword? On the blade has the Rudolf Buchel signature, the blade is burnished. On the guard there's a skull (totenkopf?) do you think it was added

Default Rudolf Büchel (RBS), Solingen Officer sword, totenkopf on the guard

Hi Guys! What do you think about this officer sword? On the blade has the Rudolf Buchel signature, the blade is burnished. On the guard there's a skull (totenkopf?) do you think it was added in the era or later? Who could she belong to? Thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rudolf Büchel (RBS), Solingen Officer sword, totenkopf on the guard
    P
    Many

well,it looks like very well made fake in my opinion

Quote by stingray View Post
    well,it looks like very well made fake in my opinion
    I agree with Ivan.
    Leather wrap handle, wire wrapping is too perfect, pitting and holes in the ferrule, etc.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I think that sword is original, I have been collecting various swords for 10 years and I have several hundred of them, I am not convinced of "totenkopf"

Ok,if you satisfied, that's what counts

Rudolf Buchel was a small producer and few of their swords are out there. However this is not one, it is a fairly crude quality detailing reproduction, what someone has blackened to give a bit of "patina". As Ralph points out grip cover doesn't appear to be celluloid, which it should be. Photo of authentic one below;

It's the first one of this type that I have seen. It looks to me like there is a new "player" (creator) in the bid for a share of the TR collector market for the "new and unusual". Who says that the 4th Reich is dead?? PS: Interesting animal skin grip covering - can anybody hazard a guess on where or what it is from? Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rudolf Büchel (RBS), Solingen Officer sword, totenkopf on the guard  

Indeed Fred. The "black" looks like painted on patina. As for the blade, how often do we see a blade that has live in a scabbard so blackened as that? Usually if anywhere the blade retains it's original plated finish. Looks like a case of someone overdoing the aging.

Run away, run away...……...

?

hi lukikrk this saber is a fantasy and the members of this forum marked and explained why. if you collect sabers as long as you write so you should know that such items are bad copies! Regards, Michal