Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SMF Luftwaffe sword (Early nickel I believe)

Article about: Hello all, I’ve always wanted one of these to add to the German side of my collection. I believe this to be an early nickel sword. The handle, blade, and scabbard all appear to be in very

Default SMF Luftwaffe sword (Early nickel I believe)

Hello all,

I’ve always wanted one of these to add to the German side of my collection. I believe this to be an early nickel sword. The handle, blade, and scabbard all appear to be in very good condition. My knowledge of these is lacking and looking for opinions.

Sorry, but these are the only photos for now... only negative I can see is that it looks over cleaned on the medallions. It appears that the gilding has been either worn off with age or cleaned too much (I’m leaning towards “B”)

Asking price $1000.00.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SMF Luftwaffe sword (Early nickel I believe)   SMF Luftwaffe sword (Early nickel I believe)  

SMF Luftwaffe sword (Early nickel I believe)   SMF Luftwaffe sword (Early nickel I believe)  

SMF Luftwaffe sword (Early nickel I believe)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SMF Luftwaffe sword (Early nickel I believe)
    P
    Many

IMHO it looks good to me. I think that there is no over polishing, the gold on the harkenkreuz reflects it's age and the aluminum does not look polished of current times. Perhaps long ago it may have been but the aluminum retains its satin patina which one would expect. I am sure others will write what they see.

?

Looks good. Has been cleaned somewhat recently I believe but looks good besides that. Leather grip looks cleaned as well but in good shape. Scabbard looks good uncleaned but can only see one side. Nice earlier luft I believe. Photos aren't the best though.

IMO, original, but wait for nicer one. Personally, I wouldn't buy one without the hanger, it's incomplete.

I passed on it... somebody bought all the pieces he was selling (Yesterday). The search continues...

?

I would take the advice of Reichsword at heart!
    never buy one that misses the small hanger.
    These swords are not that rare and invest in the best you can find, that always pays off!

Ger