Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Degen

Article about: Hi all, Hope you are keeping well. I’m after a bit of advice please…. If the SS Degens Blade is 80cm’s , what would the overall length of the sword in its Scabbard be? I have made an e

Default SS Degen

Hi all,
    Hope you are keeping well.

I’m after a bit of advice please….

If the SS Degens Blade is 80cm’s , what would the overall length of the sword in its Scabbard be?

I have made an enquiry about one and have been told the Blade is 80cm with an overall length of 110cm… to me that would make the Handle 30cm.
    Something is not quite right, would it be a Mis-Match ?

Any comments appreciated.

Regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Degen
    P
    Many

The degen blade should be a shy shorter than the scabbard itself..in most cases. Measure the length of the scabbard as well.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry
    Thanks for the response..

I will ask for the Scabbards measurements … Would you happen to know the Handle measurement, as it’s an early Degen from the x guard to the top of the Pommel?

Help as always appreciated.. Thanks

Hi Stevade..I dont have that information ...but there were some SS produced degens that had 13 and 14 grip segments ..you may want to count the segments on the grip you are wanting info on ..and try measuring or comparing with another example.

I would say though the "D" guard would be a standard size and only the grip ribs would only be added to a standard size SS or Police grip. There is room for this process but the D guard should be the same size IMO.

I would say 5 1/4 inches from bottom of guard to very top of pommel screw
    and 4 7/8 inches on the D guard alone.

Grip segments varied.....but D guards IMO remained the same size.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks for that Larry .. I didn’t think about that.

Here is a picture of the Handle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Degen  

13 segments ...most commonly seen in SS and Police Swords.

Is it the photo or does the top of the D guard look like its leaning downward a little bit
    What does the top of the cap look like.

Regards Larry

Maybe it’s the picture … the D Guard appears to be ok.

Here are a few more pictures …. These are the best close ups I can get at the moment.

Thanks for looking Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Degen   SS Degen  

SS Degen  

I see a slight position variance on the reverse ferrule acorn leaf that most are usually lined up with the grips metal back strap ...but I have also seen these slight variance on other producer types and may be attributed to time. No biggie imo somewhat common.

I see no issues with the grip IMO..and just curious of who the producer is.

I will reply more later..Im off to work now.

Best Larry

Hello,
    That degen seems ok to me
    Regards
    K.

Thanks for all your comments and advice … In answer to Larry the Blade has no Manufacturers Markings.
    And as you can see it is the Early Nickel Silver Type.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast