Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS DEGEN by Daniel Krebs

Article about: It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything or really had the time to view any of the other posts. However.. here goes, I hope you enjoy. I recently managed to acquire this Degen to add

Default SS DEGEN by Daniel Krebs

It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything or really had the time to view any of the other posts.
    However.. here goes, I hope you enjoy.
    I recently managed to acquire this Degen to add to my small SS Collection.

The Blade is 80cm with an overall length of 97cm, the Scabbard is as straight as an arrow and free from chips and dents.

The Hanger is stamped but very hard to photograph … I think it’s either 36 or 38 SS.
    There does appear to be some Moth nipping to the backing of the Hanger.

I’ll let the pictures do the talking .. Any comments much appreciated as always.

Stay Safe Stevade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS DEGEN by Daniel Krebs   SS DEGEN by Daniel Krebs  

SS DEGEN by Daniel Krebs   SS DEGEN by Daniel Krebs  

SS DEGEN by Daniel Krebs  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS DEGEN by Daniel Krebs
    P
    Many

Stunning acquisition Stevade Im without further words except...all the details are there

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

That will look stunning displayed near your wonderful visor!
    Regards, Al

Hello,
    lovely find ... I am not too fond of the grip ... but the rest looks great indeed, portepee included ...
    Regards
    K.

Beautiful!
    -TJ-

Thanks for the viewing and comments K …. I would be interested in your views with regards the Handle?

Thumbs up

Hello Stevade,

That maybe the angle of the shot but the overall shape of the grip looks like a mix between a brick and a cylindre here ...
    SS DEGEN by Daniel Krebs

The upper part of the grip isn't inserting straight in the metal part and is bulging out ....
    SS DEGEN by Daniel Krebs

Here is another model as a comparison :
    SS DEGEN by Daniel Krebs

The shape of the grip isn't to my liking and that's about it ... But i don't mean at all that something is wrong with that degen that appears to be a latter production compared with mine so it could be perfectly fine !
    Congrats again on that catch !!!
    Regards
    K.

Default Additional Pictures

SS DEGEN by Daniel KrebsSS DEGEN by Daniel KrebsSS DEGEN by Daniel KrebsThanks for the observations K … The Handle is certainly not Brick shaped ( Rectangular ) also it’s an oval shape rather than cylindrical .. It is of Nickel Silver according to the Magnet Test so I take that as being of early production … Correct me if I’m wrong.
    I have added a couple pictures of Bulging examples as a comparison… note the HW one has the different shaped D Guard to the other one next to it…. My example is the same as the HW D Guard.
    Thanks again ..
    Stevade

Hello Stevade,
    You are right, i have witnessed various types of grip myself too ... The authenticity isn't to be disputed here ...
    What is your book ??? some WITTMAN prose ? looks quite interesting !!!
    Regards
    K.

Yes thats Wittmanns SS Reference pg 373 and other pages as well showing side by side examples
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast