Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SS Degen questions

Article about: Hi Guys. Im looking at a SS Degen. it's a second model Krebs marked blade. It's nickel plated Degen. Its uncleaned and unmessed with. My question is the seller says that this year Degen came

?

Default SS Degen questions

Hi Guys. Im looking at a SS Degen. it's a second model Krebs marked blade. It's nickel plated Degen. Its uncleaned and unmessed with. My question is the seller says that this year Degen came with aluminum SS runes button. The rest of dagger is dark and uncleaned , but the SS runes button stands out because aluminum doesnt get patina. Anyone know if this is true ? I here are a few pics. ThanksSS Degen questions
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Degen questions   SS Degen questions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Degen questions
    P
    Many

Hello BG..I see no issues with this sword as this is a sword that was not an initial production type which would be seen with all nickel fittings...but seen a year later and some of these runes buttons also had a chrome plated look to them.
    The logo is the 2nd later type used.

This is typical Krebs Post 1936 example.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello
    Looks good to me either ...
    Regards
    K.

?

There is no issue with how the grip wire is layed out around the SS runes button ? That's my biggest concern. I cant seem to find a picture on the internet
    of another plated model that has it this way.

Quote by bgick View Post
    There is no issue with how the grip wire is layed out around the SS runes button ? That's my biggest concern. I cant seem to find a picture on the internet
    of another plated model that has it this way.
    The Runes button is exactly where it should be for a Krebs SS degen ...counting down from the top of the grip count 5 ribs and is correctly placed.
    There are a few producers other than Krebs that set their runes button differently and I see no issues with the grip wire on the grip.

Where abouts in New Jersey are you ?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill