Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS officer sword: review please

Article about: Good afternoon everyone, I'm looking for my next sword purchase, and I was considering this officer SS sword. What do you think about it? Your help would be very valuable! Thanks

Default SS officer sword: review please

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm looking for my next sword purchase, and I was considering this officer SS sword.
    What do you think about it?

Your help would be very valuable!

SS officer sword: review pleaseSS officer sword: review pleaseSS officer sword: review pleaseSS officer sword: review pleaseSS officer sword: review pleaseSS officer sword: review please
    Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS officer sword: review please
    P
    Many

Hello

I see nothing wrong with it in the first place :

Looks like a second model nickel plated degen, the white washer is in place, so are the kulturzeichen, the SS rundel looks fine ...

but it clearly requires extra closer and sharp photos .... Still plenty of questions to be answered here ....

Any maker logo on the blade ? Does the pommel button open ? is it a simple or double bolt screw ???

Regards

K.

Thanks K.
    I'm trying to get some extra photos.

It has a simple screw top pommel, and the blade is unsigned.

?

Well you need a picture of a removed pommel cap....
    It it does not look like this then its "Houston we have a problem"

Ger

btw its clear to see on the last picture you posted that the scabbard had a repaint, so the paint on top of the scabbard paint is not the Original one.
    Last edited by gerrit; 04-30-2020 at 10:55 AM.

Gerrit, you are right ! i didn't notice the last photograph ! even given the "crater-style" metal of the scabbard, could there be rusting beneath the repaint ?

One simple bolt pommel could be relevant in case of a late "dachau" PMD model or a regular officier "polizei" model .... but supposedly not on a plated nickel steel degen like here ...

Still that is the common litterature. As for me, i think alternate genuine ones might have existed since it was handcrafted production, but if you go for one like these you have to accept it isn't of everybody's liking ....

@Collect 18 : If your plan is to purchase as an investment, stick to "textbook" litterature items ! IF not, the most important is that you are satisfied with it

Regards ! and may all of us stay safe in these troubled times !

K.

Thanks guys for your feedback! I’m waiting for the extra photos of the pommel to post.
    To answer Kurt, the only thing I’m interested in at the moment is to get a genuine one 😜

OK, post them when you have them !

A SS degen, is a milestone in a collection, you have to do it right ! a genuine one is the way to go !

K.

Here are some extra photos.
    Unfortunately, the seller says the pommel is very hard to open and he's scared to force it....
    Your opinion is greatly appreciated!!

SS officer sword: review pleaseSS officer sword: review pleaseSS officer sword: review pleaseSS officer sword: review please

?

Well thats a clear one i guess, find another.
    the first picture shows a nasty cap between the grip and the D guard-pommel.
    i would certainly not pay a large sum as they are expensive for a SS Degen with a fixed cap.

Ger

from the second batch of photos, the pommel doesn't look like a "double bolt" model more single bolt like Police degen ...

See on that photo : the 1st pommel is a double bolt, it is done in 2 parts as you can see ... The one on the back is a police single bolt unscrewing directly on the blade tang ... Which shouldn't be on a textbook SS degen ... Furthermore, the pommel button looks like a Polizei sword button more than a SS degen button here ... Either the seller can't or doesn't want to open the pommel ... save your money !

K.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast