Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS sword by Paul Muller

Article about: Dear fellow collectors, I have recently bought a (very) expensive Damast SS sword (made by Paull Muller) from a (in Belgium) well known antique dealer. I would like to know more (if anything

?

Wow ! I note almost 4 differents stamps on the right sight, and one ghost one on the left

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS sword by Paul Muller
    P
    Many

It is the Kulturzeichen SS inspection mark. Not sure whats going on with the scabbard throat. But these marks to be expected on an SS sword.

SS Swords produced by Daniel Krebs Carl Eickhorn and also unmarked blades will have the Kulterzeichen on both the scabbard throat and beneath the sword guard.

A few other SS Degen later producers will have the " throat only " stamped.

I also agree with Anderson...and why there are a few attempts to apply the SS proof mark... trying on both sides of the throat.
    or I would say the person doing the stamping was fired after that.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

For some additional perspective the "SS-Kulturzeichen" was not confined to just some daggers and swords. It was also used on period ceramics, which (presumably) in turn led a a false belief for some in collecting that it was the "personal mark" of an artist - later a reserve SS-Oberführer in the Waffen/SS - that being Karl Diebitsch. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS sword by Paul Muller  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2