Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do you think about this Heer saber/sword?

Article about: Hello, I´m interested in buying an saber, i like the Prussian Style and as such i´ve found this supposed Wehrmacht Heer example, but as i´m not really acquainted with sabers i would like to

Default What do you think about this Heer saber/sword?

Hello,
    I´m interested in buying an saber, i like the Prussian Style and as such i´ve found this supposed Wehrmacht Heer example, but as i´m not really acquainted with sabers i would like to know what you think.
    The Seller asks 200 Euros and claims its an Alcoso produced Original with the original Paint on the scabbard.

Any answers and Opinions would be greatly appreciated.
    Regards Adravor

What do you think about this Heer saber/sword?What do you think about this Heer saber/sword?What do you think about this Heer saber/sword?What do you think about this Heer saber/sword?What do you think about this Heer saber/sword?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What do you think about this Heer saber/sword?
    P
    Many

No Opinions?

Adravor, a very nice looking sword however I’m not an expert in these. If I was thinking of purchasing such an item I would do lots of research before asking for opinions. I tend to do this with any item that I’m curious about. This forum is full of information that can accessed by simply using the search function to peruse old threads. It will help you to determine which opinions may have some validity and those that are a bit off. Personally, I thinks its one of the most rewarding aspects of the hobby. A

Hi!
    Looks Alcoso made.
    Click the link:
    Alcoso Feuerschutz Poliezi Sabel?

Of course, and i already searched for the maker and general informations on the Topic, but I haven’t found any good site like for example that of germanhelmetvaults for helmets or anything like that to research, there might be books but as I don’t plan to start a collection of sabers but just buy one nice example, asking in the forum seemed the best option.

I‘ve also searched the maker and tried to find examples that look similar, but I’ve only found the type made by other makers in the third Reich period aswell as in the Imperial period, and I’m not sure what the difference is.
    I‘ve also found other Alcoso swords, so it’s a real maker, but only different types, officer swords etc.

Edit:

That link really helped, seems its either a Type,7, 21 or Type 7 Logo, as its only the A/C/S Logo with no other writing, and the Lines and Letters seem fairly thin.
    Considering that the seller claims it to be 3rd Reich its probably a Type 21.
    But there are good copies of sabers out there, so if anyone could confirm it to be real/fake it would be great!

Adravor have you looked at a few of the pinned threads above and compared?
    Michael Ryan had completed excellent work in assembling the many sword types and placing them in these threads.

As far as the sword you posted I see no issues and is in decent condition.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Good price for a good sword.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Bought it, thanks for your Opinions, i will show pictures when it arrives.

It looks to me like a good example of a TR era Mannschaftsäbel. Which is for off-duty duty wear by those (horse) mounted enlisted soldiers that were not normally issued bayonets. The TR era issue version actually reworked Imperial artillery sabers that were somewhat smaller than the Prussian cavalry sabers that were used earlier. Best Regards, Fred

It's an authentic tidy condition sword. Paint looks original. I think dating could extend earlier into late Weimar Reichswehr period (late 1920's- early 1930's) based on the Alex.Coppel logo used, but unlikely later than 1936.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast