Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWII German Officer sword

Article about: Hello all, I came across this sword being sold by an acquaintance of mine. He knows I somewhat collect old military relics. I’ve been given first dibs on it, however, I don’t own any mil

Default WWII German Officer sword

Hello all,

I came across this sword being sold by an acquaintance of mine. He knows I somewhat collect old military relics. I’ve been given first dibs on it, however, I don’t own any military swords and know nothing about them.

I’ve asked for clearer pics (Sorry, these poor quality ones were the only ones sent to me). I will post better pics if/when I get them. I’ve also asked if there’s a maker mark on the blade. In my opinion, it looks to clean to be original. I would like to be sure before I pass on it.

Thanks for looking,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII German Officer sword   WWII German Officer sword  

WWII German Officer sword   WWII German Officer sword  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII German Officer sword
    P
    Many

It is original.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you sir for the reply.

May I ask what these are worth? I’m sure there’s a lot of factors that go into pricing. Just curious. Maybe just a lowball price?

Thanks again,
    D

Prices vary upon condition and rarity.

Compare pricing here:

Wittmann Antique Militaria
    Lakesidetrader | German WWII Daggers & Medals
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you Mr. Larry for the link. The guy selling asking $300... will take a look and see what kind of condition it’s in.

Thanks again,

D

The maker of the blade is Paul Weyersburg & Co... handle is without cracks, blade without nicks, and scabbard without paint loss/ dents.

The sword and scabbard are supposed to be in excellent condition. Sellers grandfather was in the war and brought the sword home as a souvenir. The grandfather gave it to the seller 48 years ago and has been sitting in a closet ever since.

We will meet this weekend for a look.

Thanks again for the comments,
    D

I purchased this sword today from a nice older gentleman.

The seller told me that his grandfather was given this sword by a German officer after a group of German soldiers surrendered to them. Tears were in the Officer’s eyes when he gave up his sword. The sellers grandfather kept the sword all these years and often told the story over and over again during family get togethers. Apparently, the seller didn’t have any family members to leave it to. I offered to sell it back to him for the price I paid if he ever wants it back. Tears were in his eyes when he replied, “Thank you, but I don’t think that will happen”.... I felt bad taking it because I could tell there’s sentimental value attached to this old war relic.

Anyways, it’s in real nice condition and not many people have handled it since it was given to the sellers grandfather. Here’s some pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII German Officer sword   WWII German Officer sword  

A Very excellent conditioned sword and the older Gent should take heart that the sword was passed into trustworthy hands.
    Eventually we will all have to part with our collections one day let alone one artifact.

The greater part of the story was that the elder gent took care of it all these years and now the result of it seen here

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Beautful story and very interesting piece! Congratulations!

Thank you Larry for the kind words...I love getting pieces like this that actually have a “Personal” meaning behind it. I believe it’s important to be good Stuart’s of history!

Thanks again for the comment,
    D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast