Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

"Advanced Search" question

Article about: I have been trying to find a post I made some time ago. When I use the advanced search and put in my search word and my user name, it will only show threads that I started. Is there a way to

Question "Advanced Search" question

I have been trying to find a post I made some time ago.
    When I use the advanced search and put in my search word and my user name,
    it will only show threads that I started. Is there a way to have it show posts
    that were made in threads that I did not start?

I know I can do that if I got to specific sub forums and do an advanced search but
    honestly, I don't remember where I made the post.

Just curious,
    Greg
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Hi Greg ....sometimes key words are needed to find single posts ...but there is no other option except what is available with the forum search engine..the other option is to go into your profile and start searching through your posts one by one which may be tedious...but eventually you will find it.

I have had the same problem with some old posts as well..and its hit or miss ...and the miss is I have to look one by one.

Best Larry

Key words is the key or how you place the words
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry.
    I'll go into each forum and do the search. I was just hoping for a quick and easy fix.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Hi Greg.

This might sound strange, but sometimes when I need to find something on here, I google 'warrelics' followed by what I am looking for. I normally have success using this method.

Kind regards,

Will.

Anybody else noticed the "Advance search" function seems interior than it use to be?

?

It seems to work OK for me. If I want to find something I posted years ago I go to Advanced, enter a key word or two, my name, check either the started threads or posts option and I usually find what I'm looking for quite fast, sometimes if the key word is used in a few threads I'll have a few to go through but that's the way it is.

Sometimes it doesn't recognise initials or numbers so you have to try other things.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi Greg, are you able to go through your old emails and look for it there. My default settings show that I am subscribed to everything that I have commented on and then end up in my inbox