Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Classifieds Photo Problem

Article about: Hello folks. This afternoon, I decided to finally list something for sale on this forum. With the summer shows coming up and my collection room getting rather full, I decided I could use bot

Default Classifieds Photo Problem

Hello folks.

This afternoon, I decided to finally list something for sale on this forum. With the summer shows coming up and my collection room getting rather full, I decided I could use both the money and the space.

However, I've run up against a brick wall. Upon filling out the ad and clicking 'submit', I am told that my photos are 'too large to process'. This is rather irritating, as I don't want to upload poor, grainy photographs. I feel that high resolution images are important when it comes to selling something. For that reason, I don't really want to reduce the resolution of my photos as a workaround.

Has anyone had this same problem, and is there a way around it that doesn't involve reducing the size of my photos?

Regards, B.B.

mpw
    ?

Have you tried trimming the photo to get rid of any unnecessary back ground.

?

Get the image smaller, you can make it online. for example this one Simple Image Resizer, resize online images without losing quality
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Sorry, I forgot about this thread! Thank you both for the help. I'll try resizing the photographs and relisting. Many thanks!

B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Sorry, I forgot about this thread! Thank you both for the help. I'll try resizing the photographs and relisting. Many thanks!

B.B.
    I find MS Paint the best.

Right click on the image in your folder then left click "Open with" and left click to choose Paint.

On the top toolbar select "Image" then select "Resize/skew"

Then reduce the Horizontal and Vertical values (I usually start at about 50% but it depends on the original eg something around 4Gb in the original probaly needs to start at 20-25%) saving the image each time until you acheive a size under 250kb. I think this site now tolerates a higher size but 250 is absolutely fine and I find that is a great size for email etc which just goes straight away with no issues.

Ther might be an easier way to acheive a certain size but this works for me and it is what I do with every single image I post.

I hope this helps

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by mpw View Post
    Have you tried trimming the photo to get rid of any unnecessary back ground.
    It helps to do this before resizing as it will make the image smaller to begin with and cuts out all the background crap that you don't want in the image anyway. Like the Gary Glitter poster on the wall Oops, no I mean Bay City Rollers aargh no still wrong

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."