Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Firefox login warnings - unsecured connection

Article about: Guys, Firefox users beware - they say that our forum is considered an "unsecured connection" and passwords could be compromised. This is a new warning you get with Firefox 51 when

Default Firefox login warnings - unsecured connection

Guys, Firefox users beware - they say that our forum is considered an "unsecured connection" and passwords could be compromised. This is a new warning you get with Firefox 51 when you log on. This what they say ...

About insecure pages

Pages that need to transmit private information, such as credit cards, personal information and passwords, need to have a secure connection to help prevent attackers from stealing your information. (Tip: A secure connection will have "HTTPS" in the address bar, along with a green lock icon.)

So Tech gurus, are we safe??????

( I don't use Chrome / IE / or Edge or other browsers but similar could happen. )

regards, Dan ( not my real name
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I've gone back to good old IE lately as Firefox refuses to remember my forum sign-in.

Some new browser feature, it seems. I get that warning on other forums as well.

Im getting the same warning using Chrome and on other militaria sites.

Other sites that I use commerce through are unaffected.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Have never had this problem on militariasites/warrelics on Chrome. I'm on the latest version.

Regards,
    Bas

I think it has partly to do with the fact, that a lot of webpages automatically use the https (Secure HyperText Transfer Protocol) instead of the http (regular HyperText Transfer Protocol) that most webpages originally used. Some new browsers automatically search for a "https" version of the webpage, and if it is not found the browser will warn you about the "insecure" transfer of data between your computer and the data you want to access.

With HTTP, you sit at your browser and interact with data. HTTP’s job is to present that data to you, and browsers are the means of doing so. Mozilla’s Firefox browser, for example, understands HTTP instructions and arranges the data as the site’s designer intended. The browser knows what to do when you click. It uses HTTP to do this. But HTTP cannot do much beyond that. How the data travels from Point A to Point B, or even if it travels at all, is none of HTTP’s concern. This is a great compromise if you want speed and elegance and couldn’t care less about security.
    [...]
    With HTTPS, the story is quite the same. But when security is a must, HTTPS differentiates one sender and receiver from another. SSL takes the data, going or coming, and encrypts it. This means that SSL uses a mathematical algorithm to hide the true meaning of the data. The hope is that this algorithm is so complex it is either impossible or prohibitively difficult to crack.
    1): HTTP vs. HTTPS: What's the Difference?

I've just got this message today.. so what do you do about it?

Do we ignore it?

Is this site safe?

Quote by The Devil's Bank View Post
    I've just got this message today.. so what do you do about it?

Do we ignore it?

Is this site safe?
    It is as safe as it has always been.
    It is your browser that is overly zealous, albeit it would be a good idea if all webpages with time began using "https" instead of "http".

"It is as safe as it has always been".

I can rest easy in bed now

.Firefox login warnings - unsecured connection

Let's make sure
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast