Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Forum Search

Article about: Hi, I note with regret that the "search" function is only accessible to WRF members... Funny way to thank the participation (even modest) of members who do not join and who sometim

?

Most members have a life beyond this forum and do have experience in other fields, such as sales and general management. Why not use that expertise to benefit this forum? I see lots of opportunities to improve, but you need the collective intelligence of the members. If there’s a problem be transparent and ask.

Quote by Kilian View Post
    Most members have a life beyond this forum and do have experience in other fields, such as sales and general management. Why not use that expertise to benefit this forum? I see lots of opportunities to improve, but you need the collective intelligence of the members. If there’s a problem be transparent and ask.
    Hi Killian thankyou for your input and concern for the overall health of this website ....currently as stated previously the tech issues regarding the search engines here are being addressed by the forums Tech team and repeating again the the membership topic has been addressed and still being worked on as well and there are no transparency issues as there is nothing to hide.

As you can see ... within the last year we did hire more moderators and - I will quote your words " Most members have a life beyond this forum and do have experience in other fields, such as sales and general management " ( End Quote )....and yet beyond that with the new hires they came with the knowledge they were hired for and not just Militaria but as a whole to keep this forum running.

I hope your stay here has benefitted you as well and were able to explore what this forum has to offer in detail.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Dom
    ?

Well it looks like the "Praetorian Guard" is sticking together with barely disguised threats if we judge the words of some...
    However you forget one thing, to varying degrees it is the basic members who make a forum live, not the moderation...

Sorry if my words offend but that's how I feel !

Currently ( as I write ) there are 18 members online and over 3,000 "guests"!!! There are a lot of other non-payers taking advantage of the forum if thats the case. What do they get to see?

Sadly, After 12 years on this forum this is it. The usership and the relations that are here have died significantly the last years, major members have been purged. This is the nail in the coffin. I don't understand with the knowledge on hand how the WAF has flourished and this forum has all but died, its a ghost town.

Sad but this is what happens when it becomes a those inside vs those outside.

I don't regret my additions here but as a non paying member its seems the years of posting are worth nothing now one one cant even search.

Done and Done

Consider this: you pay hundreds of EUR or Dollars for a medal and you are not willing to pay a small amount to support this forum ( it is not just the search functionality here that you would pay for)?

I do not understand this.

I have many times before if you bother to look past the end of your keyboard. Its a principle, the internet is free. Should I pay a toll when i log onto google and ask a question.

Sure some mods will close this thread soon anyway for having freedom of thought.

I was a Gold Club member from December 2009 until December 2022, and in all that time I could probably count on the fingers of one hand how many times I have asked for advice. In everything I have posted I have always given background information, and have gone to a great deal of trouble to supply photographs and as much detail as possible for the benefit of other members who may wish to broaden their knowledge. By the end of last year I felt that it was time for me to pull the plug on financially supporting a forum that appeared to be losing its way - as well as the respect of some of it's members. And now I find that I cannot even search my own previous posts. Ralph told porkies about the advance search, the block was put on it BEFORE we were informed - and not afterwards. I know that I am probably thick, but I don't seem to be able to use the basic search either.

I totally agree that more people could pay a membership. After all - they have no problem spending a fortune on items for their collection. But isn't that what the Gold Club membership (with certain benefits) was introduced for? And only 160 paying members? I wonder why? Surely it cannot be anything to do with some of the more knowledgeable members being driven away by some appalling moderator decisions in recent years? If a solution is not found to the forum search problem it may well prove to be the final nail in the coffin of a once great research forum.

Cheers,
    Steve

Hello,

My 2 cents.
    I understand a forum as beeing a collaborative and participative place.
    We need to understand that some may have :
    - more knoweldge than others,
    - more experience,
    - more pieces,
    - more willigness to share, sometime in a language that isn't their own...

We also need to understand that in all human group a minority drive activity and that the biggest part just follow.
    It is what it is but we can take the benefit of it
    A beginer may post a question or photo once and drive a very interesteing and fruitfull conceverstaion for all.

I feel we may just keeps things easy and attractive so people come and participate. (By the way, the definition of a Forum)
    That how the forum will stay alive and grow.

Best

Bruno

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Perhaps if I were in your situation, I'd consider paying the fee and stop complaining and help the forum continue as a decent place to discuss your collection and hobby and to help other members with less experience.
    I haven't really done anything else here for several years!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast