Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How about a Forum Upgrade?

Article about: Just asking? I'm out of work so I can only pay an annual subscription

Default How about a Forum Upgrade?

Just asking? I'm out of work so I can only pay an annual subscription
    I see others are more advanced now days!

Open up a disposal store.....you have the stock!!!!

Seriously, sorry to hear you're outta work
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    sorry to hear you're outta work
    Likewise mate, I hope that is a short term situation.

However, I'm afraid I don't understand the question.

Are you proposing improvements to the Form itself or the platform (think that what you call it ) ?

If so, maybe we should knock around some ideas in general to give the Admin something to consider?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

hvm
    ?

From a technology and functionalities perspective, a modernization / or upgrade would be very nice. For example, the way this forum deals with 'search', 'images' and 'responsive behavior' are really outdated and not beneficial for the user experience. I would certainly vote in favor of at least researching this and seeing what the possibilities are.

I would even like to help with this. Since a lot has to be arranged voluntarily and in private time I guess.
    Last edited by hvm; 03-17-2021 at 08:04 PM.

We have a small local forum that ran with Vbulletin software like this forum. We have not even 80% of the sponsors they have here and we upgraded 2 years ago to Invision board. So cost wise it should be attainable.
    GHW2.com uses Invision board since 2006 and it's a very stable and easy to use platform.

Be careful what you wish for.
    That other forum did an upgrade and it took months to get sorted out and really,
    most people over there are not happy with the results.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

TWS
    ?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Be careful what you wish for.
    That other forum did an upgrade and it took months to get sorted out and really,
    most people over there are not happy with the results.
    If you mean WAF, yeah it had some growing pains. I am not one of the unhappy ones, but on balance I think the upgrade is little better than breaking even. I like some features but don't like others. It's marginally better for this user.

My biggest wish for this forum would be easier photo upload. Other than that, I don't have any major complaints off the top of my head.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

if it aint broke, don't fix it

Quote by TWS View Post
    If you mean WAF, yeah it had some growing pains. I am not one of the unhappy ones, but on balance I think the upgrade is little better than breaking even. I like some features but don't like others. It's marginally better for this user.

My biggest wish for this forum would be easier photo upload. Other than that, I don't have any major complaints off the top of my head.
    Personally, I have no issues with the uploading of photos to this forum.
    You just have to figure out what works best for you.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

TWS
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Personally, I have no issues with the uploading of photos to this forum.
    You just have to figure out what works best for you.
    Ralph.
    It works fine for me. I just find GHW (and now WAF) to be quicker and easier for uploading photos.

There's other advantages this forum has, like overall average quality of the membership.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast