Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

IE Explorer issues

Article about: Yes....I'm still using IE Explorer But just today, I can't access the forum using it. All other websites load fine. Cleaned out Cache, History, etc. But no luck. Works fine on Chrome. Anyone

The two browsers I use Microsoft Edge & Firefox have had no problems for me yesterday and all day today.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Sounds like a bitcoin "miner".
    Quote is taken from warrelics.ey/forum web attack

MAP, yes it is miner's what is on now here at forum attack. I got yesterday also it and I belive I successfully deleted it and put on quarantine so after that haven't any problems on it.
    And hope it is not come anymore

Edit: No the problem is here still, just run my PC and new ones found

Had this happen for the last few days, my virus software blocks the site, on Chrome, for a “web attack: JSCoinminer Download 8”
    "Per Ardua"

I'm on Chrome and find the pages painfully slow to load and a window pops up at the bottom of the page loading showing www hostingcloud racing ,my web browser also states WR site as not secure
    Regards James

I am not able to get on the forum from my government computer. It has been like this for a few days since a new patch was installed..

Bummer as it limits my time on the forum now. I can do short messages on my phone but it eats up battery life..
    Smitty

?

I'm still down on my work PC and phone.
    My home laptop is the only one working.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

I switched to Chrome because my Explorer was giving me trouble and it's been working great but I agree there are things I miss about IE. There is another issue however that may be related. The forum is apparently overrun by something called JSCoinminer which is not a virus that downloads onto your pc but causes a severe slowdown while on the website that it is loaded onto. It is generated by certain advertisements. I only know this because I was unable to log onto the forum for several days because my Norton security flagged it as harmful and blocked the site. I had to go into my firewall and manually configure it to allow me on websites that had this JSCoinminer8. Apparently there are many versions of this malware on the site but the 8 version was the only one that prevented me from logging on. If the administrators can isolate these coinminer downloads, I believe the forum would run smoother and fasrter. Just my opinion.

I too noticed this at work a few days ago. I was going to raise this with Dimas bit haven't had a chance.
    Our company's firewall (ZScaler) identified the WRF site as a site that uses your computer for crytomining.

This is where a website uses your PC to engage in cryto mining - the website can be either knowingly set up like this or unknowingly infected. Either way a concern.
    The website uses the power of your PC to cryptomine - here is an explanation:
    Cryptomining is Here to Stay in the Enterprise |Zscaler Blog

I hope it is resolved soon as it is frustrating not being able to access at work, and obviously other people have been affected.

Nick

MAP
    ?

So Nick...if this is the case...is the virus then transferred to our PC? (Or worse our cell phones?) Or only uses our PCs when we use WRF
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    So Nick...if this is the case...is the virus then transferred to our PC? (Or worse our cell phones?) Or only uses our PCs when we use WRF
    I don't believe so - it merely leverages your PC to cyptomine whilst you are on the site. If enough people visit the site then this potentially becomes lucrative to the instigator.

Here is my PC performance in Chrome looking at normal websites:

IE Explorer issues

And here visiting WRF:

IE Explorer issues

It's hammering the CPU. I also noticed the CPU fan kick in as it was working so hard.
    This really needs to be sorted ASAP.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast