Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Strange picture upload issue

Article about: Hey all, After having posted a bunch of pictures on the forum, I am getting an odd error that doesn't make sense: When using either the "Insert Image" button, or the file uploader,

Default Strange picture upload issue

Hey all,

After having posted a bunch of pictures on the forum, I am getting an odd error that doesn't make sense:

When using either the "Insert Image" button, or the file uploader, certain pictures will not upload and have a red exclamation point next to them. When I mouse over the error, it says that the file size of the image is too large. The issue is, the images that won't upload are actually SMALLER than the ones that do, so the file size cannot be the determining factor. I noticed this before on one thread I started, but I've since posted more images with no issues. I just went to start a new thread, and 6 of the 7 images wouldn't load.

Thoughts here?

MAP
    ?

I have had what may be a similar problem. In almost every case the file was heavily edited (crop, brighten, sharpness...etc.)

So I will put these through a resizer and they then upload.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I'm really scratching my head on this one. Bigger files WILL upload, but random smaller ones won't. None of the pictures have been modified in any way, and they are all the same format (.jpg), and they've all been taken with the same camera.

Mods, any thoughts here?

Never had this problem, so I really can't give any advice, sorry.
    Whenever I have had issues uploading photos, very rare, I just close the uploader page and open a new one.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Have you tried clearing your browser cache and cookies first

Just did. Didn't help. It seems to be image specific. This is bizarre.

Reducing the picture dimensions by 10% solved the issue. I have no idea why, as larger images uploaded fine without re-sizing, but it did solve the issue.

Hope this helps for any that have this issue in the future.