Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Technical problems

Article about: Evening Guys, is anyone else having problems getting on to this forum, and then it takes forever for anything to download, I'm not having problems on any other site. Bill

I try to post something, click on a thread or change page and I get logged out.

Best Regards, fischer

Quote by WarrelicsTeam View Post
    Below are my recommendations if anyone has any technical problems:

1. Log out and log in again using the "Remember me" option when entering the forum.

2. Open the forum in a private window, log in and test there.

If everything works there, then you need to clear the cookies and site cache. You can find out how to clear cookies and cache here:

Shield Your Internet History: How to Clear Your Cache on Any Browser | PCMag

3. Try the forum in other browsers and/or devices.

If everything works there, then I recommend updating your browser, trying to use the default browser settings, or using a different browser for the forum.

If none of the above works, then please write what exactly the problem is and on which devices, operating systems and browsers it occurs.

Have you followed this direction from post # 118?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I agree with only some of the 'miracles of the IT'
    Some of the facts should remain true for all users and the forum should be set up for all users.

Use any Browser need or wish to use. If it worked a year ago it should work now. If there is a list of browsers that are required then the WRF Team should post it. Users can chose to maintain or drop out if they want to use that certain browser.
    Maintain your browser updates of course.
    Should not ever need to open in a private window. Straight up BS
    If the forum does not work on their PC or tablet, they need to make a choice. I would not be here, and maybe it does not matter, if the forum will not work on whatever device I choose to use.

I do not login to Facebook or X but I can sure well tell you that 100's of millions do login every minute and use frequently every day. I have never heard of either one of them telling users you need to play baseball, football and jump though two hoops before you can use their platform.

Outlook and Gmail, never work either unless a user can do the limbo. Nonsense.

I do need to login into Microsoft, for two business accounts and my person account, but other than that it works 99% of the time as long as I have connectivity.

2 step authentication with a remember me function is good.

John

MAP
    ?

John,

We are working on more permanent options. Just working through what will work best.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP, I do believe you and the team is working the issue and it would not matter if the issue took a couple hours to resolve. More than a day should not be acceptable when most businesses believe minutes or seconds matter. This has been more than a month.
    I am trying to be factual and not contrary just to be contrary, but words do not count for much after that much time.
    I do not have a fix since I do not provide WEB Support. I can forward contacts but that is all I have to offer.
    There also must be other members that knows someone that may help. After this long of duration, I would be cold calling people that know what they are doing. I would even reach out to the Main Gunboards IT guys as they must encounter many more attempts than here, only an assumption though.
    John

In Hawaii and no issues in the middle of the pond ;0

I'm still having problems, I have to keep logging in when I jump from one thread to another
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

UPDATE

We have set some settings that may help to solve some problems with logging out and others. Let's observe the site now and if it helps to make the forum more stable, then we can leave these settings.

If you still encounter problems, I recommend trying the steps from the post:

Technical problems

It is possible that just the first steps will help you solve those problems. At a minimum, if you have any problem, we cannot help you unless we know the device, operating system and browser version.

Browser updated and cache cleared, however I still get logged out of the forum after "liking" or posting a reply. Thank you "techies" for your efforts to beat the invisible assaults on the forum.

For me everything is working fine and there are no issues at all.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast