Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is the best way to post scans / pdf documents?

Article about: The answer to my question may well be obvious but it something I haven't tried before and a quick search didn't give me a clue. Maybe I used the wrong search parameters! Anyway, my reason fo

Default What is the best way to post scans / pdf documents?

The answer to my question may well be obvious but it something I haven't tried before and a quick search didn't give me a clue. Maybe I used the wrong search parameters!

Anyway, my reason for asking is that I was looking to post a Soldbuch and a Leistungsbuch with too many entries to make individual page photographs an option so I scanned them as pdf which I saved in my pictures files. So far so good and they are easily viewed using Adobe Acrobat. However, they are in excess of 8MB in size so cannot be posted using the picture upload and I don't even know if it is possible to reduce them as one does with pictures in Microsoft Paint or similar.

I would like to share this interesting pair of documents but at the moment to post individual images would be a lot of effort and take a great deal of time.

I'm not a total caveman when it comes to computers but I am not Bill Gates either so I am a bit stumped here

Any suggestions please?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

The ability to upload a load of pics in one go would be a very welcome change (or should that be "return")...its bad enough putting the photography work in and getting no interest but to tirelessly upload one pic after another (and still get limited interest) often makes one ask "whats the point?"....and linking to another site is off the cards too.......This in an interesting challenge...I'll be interested in the solution......

good luck!

I can't say that I have ever encountered a problem when scanning documents such as soldbuch and the like. I always scan as a JPEG image at 300 dpi... that gives you the option of resizing the image if you wish to do so before posting.

Cheers,
    Steve

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    I can't say that I have ever encountered a problem when scanning documents such as soldbuch and the like. I always scan as a JPEG image at 300 dpi... that gives you the option of resizing the image if you wish to do so before posting.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Thanks Steve, I think it might be something to do with my scanner (HP Photosmart C4480) but Iif I scan as a picture I have to scan each page seperately but if I scan as a document there is an "add page" function. I save it as a jpeg but that turns it into a massive pdf which is what causes the upload issue. I just can't work it out. I'll have to ask the grandkids

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

You could always take a screen grab of the pdf and then you can post it that way.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    You could always take a screen grab of the pdf and then you can post it that way.
    Trouble is the Soldbuch has 19 pages of entries so the whole thing can't be "grabbed" at the same time (or can it?)

You could open two pdf documents at a time and then screen grab them but the overall quality might make them difficult to see properly anyway given that you are talking Soldbuch/text. However screen grabs are much smaller file size so might be worth a try.

On a PC the key strokes are Ctrl/Alt and then PrtScn button (in case you didn't know).

Or maybe just snap some photos on your phone?

it might be worth getting in touch with Tabstabs1964. He seems to be an expert in uploading multiple photos.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast