Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

AFRIKA KORPS Ring

Article about: A delightful looking Afrika Korps ring marked with DAK 1941 and a central swastika on a palm tree, going for pretty cheap, how does it look? Appreciate all insight and advice in advance All

Default AFRIKA KORPS Ring

A delightful looking Afrika Korps ring marked with DAK 1941 and a central swastika on a palm tree, going for pretty cheap, how does it look?
    Appreciate all insight and advice in advance
    All are welcome to to give their insights.

AFRIKA KORPS Ring
    AFRIKA KORPS Ring
    AFRIKA KORPS Ring
    AFRIKA KORPS Ring
    AFRIKA KORPS Ring

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement AFRIKA KORPS Ring
    P
    Many

I kind of like this ring but the swastika is the wrong way around for the Nazi symbol. At first, I thought it was just a reversed photo but the '1941' is normal. I would have thought that a German soldier serving in North Africa would know what a swastika should look like.
    Last edited by SpitfireVb; 04-10-2022 at 06:00 PM.

?

100% fake. Like Spitfire said, swastika is wrong, it's a one piece cast with terrible engraving. The pattern is somewhat right, but the design of the ring is poor and fake. It should have a plate on the top. I don't even have to see the marking on the inside of the band, this is a fake eBay ring.

?

it could have been made in a POW CAMP, and it was reversed for good luck? he did not want to offend any one? jmho? it does have side wear on it looking like it rubbed / chafed against another ring for a # of yrs?

?

A great many examples were produced by local Arab craftsmen, to varying degrees of quality and accuracy, often modifying the design details according to who was in town at the time..

I agree with Mahler. As a one-piece cast ring with a backward swastika, it’s a dud.

?

the answer is that it is not a good period item then? so was it a BAZZAR item for tourists?

Quote by toot View Post
    the answer is that it is not a good period item then? so was it a BAZZAR item for tourists?
    Maybe a BIZZARE item??...
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

by tourists, I meant AC. personal stationed in the theatre of operations and got it wrong? just Couris.

These kinds of rings were made by local craftsmen for military personnel stationed there. I guess that would include anyone willing to pay for it. However, as already noted above, this one is probably a fake.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast