Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

authentication of a leibstandarte signet ring

Article about: Hello, I would like to purchase an LAH ring. I cannot find any information on this subject on the internet to verify the authenticity of the article. I will need advice to guide me in my pur

?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture authentication of a leibstandarte signet ring  
    Attached Images Attached Images authentication of a leibstandarte signet ring 
    Last edited by mimi75; 11-12-2021 at 10:23 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement authentication of a leibstandarte signet ring
    P
    Many

Moved to the ring section of the forum.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

fantasy

Quote by Evgeniy View Post
    fantasy
    I can‘t comment usefully on the genuineness of this ring, but I can‘t say that I like the look of it either. We need better photos. Regardless, with any items marked with the Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler logo (LAH), note that there is also some controversy over the logo since it was used first earlier in the 20th century by a shipping line known as Hamburg-Amerikanische Packetfahrt-Aktien-Gesellschaft (HAPAG), sometimes shortened to Hamburg-Amerika Line (HAL). Same initials, same logo.

Of course, the Nazis stole all sorts of insignia, including the swastika, so perhaps it isn't surprising that the SS nicked the LAH/HAL logo. If interested, you can find more information in another forum on the link below:
    SS silverware: LAH or HAL? - Axis History Forum

So, even if your ring is genuinely from the 1930s or 1940s... or maybe even the 1910s or 1920s, it might have no connection with the SS at all. It might be worth checking whether the cuff title in the photo with the ring is authentic. These, too, are widely faked.
    Last edited by SpitfireVb; 11-13-2021 at 03:49 PM.