Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Canteen TK ring

Article about: I'd appreciate any opinions on this TK ring which was described as Weimar era. I just assumed it was a TR era canteen ring. I know there is a lot of variety in these types of items but does

Nice rings, Al. As we’d say in Scotland, that’s a stoater!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Canteen TK ring
    P
    Many

Dos
    ?

Great ring, The back side of the ring / skull matches known originals as far as i know. Looks better than i thought! Nice details.

?

Thanks Gentlemen! When I'm not wearing the ring it's on display in my case.

Canteen TK ring
    Regards, Al

?

Another TK ring arrived today. This one is pretty hefty in weight, well worn, possibly polished and marked 835. The pattern looks familiar but I'm not 100% if it's one of the known types. I'd appreciate any input on this one as well.

Canteen TK ring
    Canteen TK ring
    Canteen TK ring
    Canteen TK ring

Canteen TK ring

Canteen TK ring
    Canteen TK ring
    Canteen TK ring
    Canteen TK ring
    Canteen TK ring
    Regards, Al

Well, it does resemble a known pattern but there's something not right about the shape of the skull. It looks squashed to me. Perhaps they made them like this too... but I‘m not sure. I don‘t trust it, sorry.

Below are pictures of a a very similar pattern. This ring is OK. The silver mark is 830. Another thing that looks suspicious about your new ring, Al, is the lack of details on the band, albeit that might due to be wear and tear. However, compare the nice detailing on the shank of mine, or even the teeth.

Also, in my opinion, the band is way too thick, a common sign that a ring maybe cast. Silver was in short supply in wartime Germany and it would likely have been frowned upon to be perceived to waste it. A band like that would be uncomfortable too, which would not have been acceptable to anyone wanting to wear it every day. Sorry; I have my doubts about this one. Happy to be wrong.

Canteen TK ringCanteen TK ringCanteen TK ring

?

Thanks for your assessment. I can clearly see the point about the skull being squashed down a bit, also the thickness and weight of the ring were the first thing I noticed. It is heavily worn in some areas. Here are photo's from the original website.

Canteen TK ringCanteen TK ringCanteen TK ringCanteen TK ringCanteen TK ring
    Regards, Al

It is a cracking-looking ring, no doubt. Quite sinister. The skull look less squashed now so maybe it was the angle of your first shot. I hope it’s genuine. I do have a couple of silver rings that are relatively solid, heavy things. But that band would worry me.

I’m interested to see what others think. Cheers!

?

Aldo, I recently joined this forum. I'm hoping you or other members could tell me where I might be able to purchase a reproduction of this particular ring?

Thanking you in advance, bray

?

Hello Bray, I really don't know any other than this website. I have bought some reproduction skulls here before. Difficult to navigate the website but they have a skull ring. I'm sure others know more websites

銀製品/装飾品情報−Schmidt&Sohnドイツ歴史的 集精密複製品型録
    Regards, Al

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2