Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Carrin Hall 1936 Gold Ring

Article about: Hi, I have a hobby, collecting interesting things, and came across of this item, It is super heavy, with apparently bearing some sort of ornament or gem screwed to the front in the past, whi

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Also ask the seller what the ring size is . Thankyou

Im curious to see how this plays out
    It's w/x uk /68EU

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Carrin Hall 1936 Gold Ring
    P
    Many

?

From late 36', I only scoured a few German Newspaper Archives.. perhaps more photos are available, Good Luck !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Carrin Hall 1936 Gold Ring   Carrin Hall 1936 Gold Ring  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Goring as pompous as he was that he thrived on his vanity first ....had clothes jewelry daggers uniforms guns ....etc for all events and which ever way the wind blew that day ....wore rings and whatever else ( many types ).

Gwars photos are just the beginning...the trail is still cold ..but hopefully as this thread progresses or over time ...proof will emerge about the OPs ring she posted.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

As said, some effort has been put into making this ring and if it were original there ought to be some record of it somewhere. Indeed one that might be a slow burn to research.

As far as researching goes, it wouldn't be found listed among Goering's Rings - It would be found among Mussolini's...

No any more info received arm. Apart from tested by 2 other Jewellers....just think who and why could produce 70gram 18ct gold fake ring, if it is s fake...

Quote by Victoria View Post
    No any more info received arm. Apart from tested by 2 other Jewellers....just think who and why could produce 70gram 18ct gold fake ring, if it is s fake...
    Hi Victoria ...your post is well founded and understandable.
    In this hobby and in research ...you would be surprised at the extent someone would go to spend a little money ...the current value of 18ct gold and reap a return from riding on the coat tails of a high end personality such as Herman Goring...which just his name would put this ring mostly likely at auction for over $100K.

We see this with many collectibles here ...from uniforms to helmets that insignia is added to expert post war tailoring to Officers caps...edged weapons being parted together to sell for a higher price ...ruined daggers with postwar etches.
    I am not discounting the ring and I do believe the content of the 18ct gold...but just be aware as I stated above ...there is no end to possibilities what crooked enterprisers at great length they will go.

Everything is driven by money.
    Again...the community here is hopeful for more evidence ....and evidence sometimes takes longer to acquire depending on what the artifact is.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I keep finding myself back in this thread for some reason. It is very fascinating.
    Some stone or maybe swastika plate is missing from the front. It is just too well made in my opinion.
    Hermann was known for wearing similar rings:

Also the two family crests of the Hermann and Emmy Göring show up on other items:

The OP needs to come here and tell us what the diameter of the ring is. HG's fat ring size was 21-23mm. (according to the other thread)

Hello Vocht ..here is Victorias reply on the ring size

Quote by Victoria View Post
    It's w/x uk /68EU

?

Which translates to W=20.61mm
    X=20.99mm
    68EU= 21.8mm

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast