Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Condor Legion ring from Spain

Article about: Hello Guys, I'd like your opinion on this LC ring from Spain. I know the one thats engraved on the inside is a real one but the other.. im not sure, what do you think? Thanks for your answer

Default Condor Legion ring from Spain

Hello Guys, I'd like your opinion on this LC ring from Spain.

I know the one thats engraved on the inside is a real one but the other.. im not sure, what do you think?
    Thanks for your answers in advance.

Condor Legion ring from Spain
    Condor Legion ring from SpainCondor Legion ring from SpainCondor Legion ring from Spain

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Condor Legion ring from Spain
    P
    Many

?

In my opinion it's a nice authentic ring. Hopefully SpitfireVB our resident ring connoisseur will give you his opinion. I recently picked one up that has no unit marking engraved

Legion Condor Ring
    Regards, Al

Thanks Al, any opinions from @SpitfireVB is always appreciated

It just seems a but odd to me as both rings have the same pattern but are dissimilar. For example, the outer triangle markings on the edges of the face look different. Also the text seems a bit different.

Thanks!

To be honest, I'm not sure about this one. It is a lovely piece. Also, these LC rings were often hand-engraved individually so you'd expect to see a variation in the patterns. Where I do hesitate is with the unusual, double silver content mark behind the cartouche. Why is the '835' added twice? In fact, when I think of it, I'm not sure that I recall seeing a silver content mark on any Condor Legion ring previously.

Interested to see what others might think. Personally, if it were me and it wasn't too pricey, I would go for it. I'm a sucker for an LC ring

Cheers,
    Stephen
    Last edited by SpitfireVb; 11-04-2023 at 05:00 AM.

first shot (black-white) - original.
    but seconв ring look like a copy.
    We need high-quality photos of the ring shield and an image of the details. the original rings were made by hand, the entire ornament was cut out by hand. and on the second ring nothing is clear, the photos sound bad

Looked at this post again. I should have thought about it before but a silver content of 835 was common on rings made in Third Reich Germany. Just about every LC ring I have seen was made in Spain, and this one here apparently comes from Spain too, so why does it have a German silver mark? Indeed, on the LC rings in my collection, where there is any maker mark, it is on the outside of the band.

So, it is a nice ring and, if not expensive, I would probably have chased it. However, I'm tending to Evgeniy's view that it is probably a copy. Not just one German silver mark, but two (weird in of itself), on a supposedly Spanish-made ring. Hmmm....