Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

DAK ring information

Article about: I got this DAK ring don’t really know much about it. Was hoping maybe someone on here has any kind of information

Default DAK ring information

I got this DAK ring don’t really know much about it. Was hoping maybe someone on here has any kind of information
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAK ring information   DAK ring information  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAK ring information
    P
    Many

Most DAK rings were made by local craftsmen in North Africa, mainly in 1941. They’re of variable quality, with some really nice, beautifully crafted rings. Almost all have the Afrika Korps emblem, a palm tree with a swastika superimposed on it. There is often ‘1941’ engraved on the ring face too.

There were also some very basic rings, made of cheap alloys. Usually, the palm tree and swastika engravings are quite crude. This one might fit in the latter category, but I don‘t believe it’s a genuine period ring. Even the ‘basic’ DAK rings were better quality than this. Also, the ‘DAK’ engraving looks modern. Unless it comes with good provenance, I wouldn’t touch it. It’s certainly not worth much. If you search this forum, several nice DAK rings have been posted over the years. Check these two below, for example:

dak

i would like to show a nice dak ring
    Last edited by SpitfireVb; 04-05-2022 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Added links

Definitely modern made and artificially aged , you got it from ebay ?

The seller of this ring has nothing but fantasy/ fake rings

DAK ring information
    Last edited by Australia; 04-06-2022 at 10:07 AM.

Quote by Australia View Post
    Definitely modern made and artificially aged , you got it from ebay ?

The seller of this ring has nothing but fantasy/ fake rings
    Thanks Australia. Another cheap and nasty FleaBay fake. In 1943, the Afrika Korps was in the process of getting booted out of Africa. I’ve never seen a genuine DAK ring from 1943. They had other priorities then.