Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

DAK rings

Article about: Hello all, just thought I might post a few pics of some of the trench art rings in my collection. These are some of my DAK rings.

Default DAK rings

Hello all, just thought I might post a few pics of some of the trench art rings in my collection. These are some of my DAK rings.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAK rings   DAK rings  

DAK rings  
    Last edited by rbminis; 02-09-2015 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Edited post to rotate photos.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAK rings
    P
    Many

The oval one is Very nice! (Despite having to twist my fused neck around to Look at it! lol)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks! And sorry about your neck. I still can't figure out how to straighten out the pics. The oval one and the last one are from Tunisia, the top one is from Libya.

?

Quote by DAK1941 View Post
    The oval one and the last one are from Tunisia, the top one is from Libya.
    Typical north african handworks. Nice to see and thanks for sharing.
    Are there any hallmarks?
    Would be interesting too for us

they would make these for anyone and still do,show them a sketch and its done.

Here are the hallmarks as requested. The Tunisian rings have very small marks to the shank, easier to see under my jewelers loupe. The Libyan ring has the T800 mark for Tripoli.

DAK rings  

Here are two more Libyan rings from Tripoli. Neither have any DAK markings, and could have been made for either side.

Last edited by rbminis; 02-22-2015 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Edited to orient photos properly.

?

Yes, this rings (sure period ones) are around with and without any hallmarks, therefore i asked in the case of the first 3 rings.
    Again thanks for sharing this other two beauties!

Actually, in the case of North African made rings, Whether Allied or DAK, there were strict quality controls, so 99.9 percent of legitimate period rings will have a hallmark. I would stay away from any ring that did not have one

?

Quote by DAK1941 View Post
    Actually, in the case of North African made rings, Whether Allied or DAK, there were strict quality controls, so 99.9 percent of legitimate period rings will have a hallmark. I would stay away from any ring that did not have one
    Interesting opinion, but i think some serios ringcollectors have a different one.

Otherwise it would be very interesting for me to know the source for this knowledge.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast