Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Freikorps ring, or Husar Ring? Or simply a Kantine ringe? ATTN WAGRIFF

Article about: Any thoughts? Thanks, Eddie

?

Default Freikorps ring, or Husar Ring? Or simply a Kantine ringe? ATTN WAGRIFF

Any thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Eddie

Freikorps ring, or Husar Ring? Or simply a Kantine ringe? ATTN WAGRIFFFreikorps ring, or Husar Ring? Or simply a Kantine ringe? ATTN WAGRIFFFreikorps ring, or Husar Ring? Or simply a Kantine ringe? ATTN WAGRIFFFreikorps ring, or Husar Ring? Or simply a Kantine ringe? ATTN WAGRIFF

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Freikorps ring, or Husar Ring? Or simply a Kantine ringe? ATTN WAGRIFF
    P
    Many

Default Re: Freikorps ring, or Husar Ring? Or simply a Kantine ringe? ATTN WAGRIFF

Most likely a canteen ring. Dunno who designed it, but the cartoony face on the skull is something else! It almost looks Damaged! These brass rings, by the way, will turn your finger a lovely Irish Green... A couple similar rings have surfaced recently, but in silver and with red stones in the eyes.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Default Re: Freikorps ring, or Husar Ring? Or simply a Kantine ringe? ATTN WAGRIFF

I know, he looks sad, or resigned? Very Memento Mori! Yeah, the back of the ring is broke, but it's very cheap. I always think of these as "goony face rings" since you said that about my last one, haha.

Actually, I don't believe that the back of the ring is Broke. With alot of these canteen rings, they came this way to make for easier sizing. 5 minutes and a spot of solder and they were all set to wear. If you look at the edges of the split, they don't look to be sharp or jagged. That definitely Is a goony face skull for sure, though! Maybe the soldat who bought it picked it out to help keep himself cheered up in the tough times! lol
    William

Mine is very similar,Sold to me as a FREIKORP ring..Obviously mine is not split in back....And is dated 1890 on inside.HH ALL!!!Freikorps ring, or Husar Ring? Or simply a Kantine ringe? ATTN WAGRIFFFreikorps ring, or Husar Ring? Or simply a Kantine ringe? ATTN WAGRIFF

easy way to make these rings never turn your finger green is to put clear nailpolish on the inside

The ring first posted looks to have had jewelled eyes at one time.
    These were cheap and the stones glued in, so it's not surprising
    that both are now lost.

As for a date on the above ring, my thoughts are that it
    could possibly be a product code, unless it's
    engraved by hand.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I agree with Steve.
    William

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    The ring first posted looks to have had jewelled eyes at one time.
    These were cheap and the stones glued in, so it's not surprising
    that both are now lost.

As for a date on the above ring, my thoughts are that it
    could possibly be a product code, unless it's
    engraved by hand.........
    The "date" is more a makers mark,This is why I beleive this(my ring)is NOT a true FREIKORP ring,Skull rings have been very popular for yrs.I just thought i'd throw mine in the mix because of the likeness or design of the two...And i to believe the"silver" ring had jewl eyes,Still a nice ring...