Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

German POW Camp Robinson Ring

Article about: Hello all, Does anyone have any info regarding these USA/German Pow camp rings? manufacturer, where were they bought? etc. I doubt prisoners would have the means to produce these! What are e

?

Default German POW Camp Robinson Ring

Hello all,

Does anyone have any info regarding these USA/German Pow camp rings? manufacturer, where were they bought? etc. I doubt prisoners would have the means to produce these! What are everyone’s thoughts on this piece? I’d like to think these have yet to be faked There doesn’t seem to be much info online about these rings either. Hope I’ve put this in the right part of the forum!

Thanks guys

Skip01

German POW Camp Robinson RingGerman POW Camp Robinson RingGerman POW Camp Robinson RingGerman POW Camp Robinson RingGerman POW Camp Robinson Ring

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German POW Camp Robinson Ring
    P
    Many

?

For me , the ring is good so far ; it has a good quality. Could you make a pic of the stamp ?

Benten

?

Hey benten, apparently the stamp states ‘STERLING’, typical to a lot of USA silver?

It looks like a US manufactured class ring in design. Given that it is sterling marked it would not be made by POWs but rather to be bought by those US servicemen who served there.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    It looks like a US manufactured class ring in design. Given that it is sterling marked it would not be made by POWs but rather to be bought by those US servicemen who served there.
    My thougts exactly, a post war US made item possibly for a POW veterans association.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Thanks for the further replies BlackCat1982 and Watchdog! I think that you both may be right. I’ve since found this video on YouTube of a metal detectorist in Germany (YouTube), watch from 18:57 to see the same style of pow ring found in the ground. Maybe POWs in Germany after the war wore this ring as well or maybe just lost by a US serviceman?

?

Hopefully the above YouTube link works, if not - YouTube

Default Excellent item.

That is a nice find and a 100% period item. Sold to prisoners interned at Camp Robinson, AR.German POW Camp Robinson RingGerman POW Camp Robinson Ring

?

For clarity and orientation.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German POW Camp Robinson Ring  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "