Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

germania international

Article about: Much of his art,rings,sculputures,etc. are repro's made up in Europe and elsewhere!Would not deal with this firm!

Smile germania international

1st post!

OK, from reading this forum I now know my 2 WW2 nazi rings are bogus.

I still would like to buy the real thing

Anybody out there seen or dealt with the germania Intn'l site?

THANKS!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement germania international
    P
    Many

Default Re: germania international

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I would avoid that site if you are looking for original material.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks ADE! Finding a legit nazi ring just isn't easy, can anybody point me the right way?

99.9% of rings for sales are fake. I don't know of any good sites which sells them sorry. Occasionally a good one will pop up on a dealers list.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Don Boyle or Andy Legerre are the ones to go to for Honor Rings. You can google bon Boyle. Without his certificate of authenticity it is very difficult to re sell one. He and Andy are close friends and i know them both well.

Mark

Thanks Mark! I'm also on the look out for less expensive nazi original rings. If you have any one else you know, and I can contact please let me know. I feel lucky I found this site, or maybe it found me.

Gaspare Bua, a resident of New York City is the most knowledgeable about private purchase rings that I am aware of. I don't think he is on this forum so I will look though my e-mail contacts and post his e-mail address for you. I know he is going to publish a book on the various rings and one I have is going to be in it. He is a trustworthy fellow collector and a good friend. I think he is on WAF and GDC, but I don't go there.

Mark

Quote by orangeaide View Post
    Thanks Mark! I'm also on the look out for less expensive nazi original rings. If you have any one else you know, and I can contact please let me know. I feel lucky I found this site, or maybe it found me.
    A member here named Andris ('Eismeerfront') often has genuine canteen rings for sale try p.m.'ing him, although he is out digging a lot at this time of year, so be patient!

To learn more about genuine Totenkopf Ehren rings I would fully reccomend Craig Gottlieb's book, 'The SS Totenkopf Ring'. It covers all three types of ring and the photo's in it are superb, it will really help you along and retails at around 60 bucks.

Also, I am aware that Paul Hogle at 'Lakesidetrader' has one for sale at the moment.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by kingtiger View Post
    Gaspare Bua, a resident of New York City is the most knowledgeable about private purchase rings that I am aware of. I don't think he is on this forum so I will look though my e-mail contacts and post his e-mail address for you. I know he is going to publish a book on the various rings and one I have is going to be in it. He is a trustworthy fellow collector and a good friend. I think he is on WAF and GDC, but I don't go there.

Mark
    Mark,I assume you will PM the email address to the OP, but just in case I am to take your statement of posting the email address at face value; dont post it in a thread, as your collector friend will then be flooded with spam. I bet he wont appreciate that one bit. Just a friendly piece of advice.....

big ned, surely you are just joking about Craig Gottliebs "book" on SS Honor Rings? It has no source material, no bibliography and is widely debunked as a picture book with no factual basis at all regarding his "personal theory" regarding method of construction. Don Boyle has refused to write him a COA (Certificate of Authenticity) on a ring or two Gottlieb claimed to be real. I know this guy personally and he has one of the worst reputations in this hobby. Google his name and read for yourself. If any member of this forum wants to read the book on Honor Rings written by Gottlieb, pm me your address and I will lend you my copy FOR FREE to read and we can pass it around to other forum members. I don't want to see anyone else taken in by him. He really hammered a member on WAF, sellick I think, on a ring then bought it back for half price "as the market was flooded and slow" when the guy went through a divorce. The guy lost about 7 grand in about 2-3 months from purchase.

Scout, I will pm you the e-mail address.

If I only save one guy from Gottlieb it would be worth the effort to ship this book anywhere for you to see for yourselves. Nice pictures and one of my rings is in it marked R.Dolp, an obvious fake as there never was any initial for a first name and at least he admits that in the book. I bought it from him.

Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast