Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hello I was wondering if the Skull ring was authentic?

Article about: It appears to be brass maybe? And it was silver plated at one time because you can see traces of it on the inside and in some of the crevices. More photos in the GDrive link below. Thanks fo

Default Hello I was wondering if the Skull ring was authentic?

It appears to be brass or maybe copper and it was silver plated at one time because you can see traces of it on the inside and in some of the crevices. More photos in the GDrive link below. Thanks for looking ☠️

Hello I was wondering if the Skull ring was authentic?Hello I was wondering if the Skull ring was authentic?Hello I was wondering if the Skull ring was authentic?

[url=https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fEjWOqmr93uS-IJjTQ2V8i50Lw7Xh8oC?usp=sharing]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hello I was wondering if the Skull ring was authentic?
    P
    Many

Appears to be a good one to me...I like it...
    -Glenn-

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, while this ring resembles known Third Reich patterns, it seems to be made out of copper, which would be unusual for a period ring. There was a silver-coloured wash that has mostly worn away but likely a zinc alloy of some sort rather than silver. Also, the band looks too thick to me. That would have been unacceptably uncomfortable for any ring from wartime Germany, which were generally of good quality.

Rather, this ring is probably a so-called Premium Ring. These were cheaply made rings that were popular in the USA 50-60 years ago. So, while this ring is old and may have some value, it is not a TR ring.

There was a recent discussion about these kinds of rings on a sister forum. Here is a link:
    Smashed face - classic skull crossbones ring - Your new forums
    Last edited by SpitfireVb; 11-13-2021 at 07:14 PM.

Darn well I only paid $50 for it and it was listed as a Memento Mori ring so I guess that's not too bad. I was thinking it was one of these but yeah that makes sense because it's not silver. Thanks for your help.

Hello I was wondering if the Skull ring was authentic?

It's a cool and unusual ring. I don‘t think $50 is bad, especially if you like it. It’ll likely turn your finger green if you wear it though...
    Cheers!
    Stephen