Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

HJ Leaders ring

Article about: This is up for auction currently as an HJ Leaders ring and I am curious if it is period or fantasy. Never been interested in Third Reich era rings before as most I see are blatant fantasies

Default HJ Leaders ring

This is up for auction currently as an HJ Leaders ring and I am curious if it is period or fantasy. Never been interested in Third Reich era rings before as most I see are blatant fantasies but this one appeals to me. Any help would be appreciated, thank you, nic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Leaders ring   HJ Leaders ring  

HJ Leaders ring   HJ Leaders ring  

HJ Leaders ring   HJ Leaders ring  

HJ Leaders ring  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Leaders ring
    P
    Many

?

One of the most common cast fakes of this pattern.
    You can spot it at once by his main fault.
    Originals are ultra rare
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Leaders ring  

How many Silver marks are On this ring? And is that one "925"??
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

One to avoid then. Thank you for that. In regards to silver marks I can only see the ones in the photos. The ring is currently in ratisbons auction. Once again thank you for the feedback, nic

What's the story on these rings guys? I don't know of any period documents/books that describe or show these rings and their purpose. Apparenty there is even an award document. I have never believed in these rings but would obviously change my mind if it could be shown that any of the claims about them are indeed true.

?

This rings are official awarded to HJ-leaders with an award document. I have seen such ultra rare document maybe 3 - 4 times.
    And i have some very good scans but i am not allowed to publish.
    The next time Gaspare Bua`s book about german rings will hopfully be published and on the market. I know he as a writing about this ring with pics (from the doc too) in it.

There was an earlier thread on HJ rings last April. Couple of genuine items shown there:

New HJ LEADER RING

Cheers guys!

Hi there, yes it's that word "official" that makes me wonder because to my knowledge there are no period orders or regulations known which show the official nature of the rings. Also, in the thread linked to by Spitfire it is said that the rings were awarded to personnel who attained leader status. Surely then, there would have been hundreds or thousands (dependent on the rank that had to be reached) of these documents issued but today they appear to be so rare that you, for example, have only seen one 3 or 4 times. The Reichssieger folders are very rare indeed yet these can be found and many, many photographs can be shown of award ceremonies. Just doesn't make sense to me that a ring awarded to hundreds if not thousands of people cannot be found in regulations but it is possible today to separate authentic rings from fake versions. Hope I'm not coming across as combative it's just that things have never added up for me in regard to these rings.

?

Good thoughts.
    Otherwise there a very similar cases in period rings. For example the also rather rare "Saardank"-ring.
    The ring you can find some times. Award docs are nearly as rare as the one for the HJ-leaders ring.